American Performer Jazzmaster

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Musjagjazz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: American Performer Jazzmaster

Post by Musjagjazz » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:15 pm

Musjagjazz wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:54 am
gusgorman wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:27 am
Larry Mal wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:27 pm

*This is a little out of date and unfair to Taco Bell, who have been working hard to successfully add to their core products, with such new items as the Shredded Chicken Mini Quesadillas™ and the new Beefy Nacho Griller™. Fender wishes they had the kind of drive and innovation that you can find at a Taco Bell near you now serving 24 hours select locations.
;D ;D ;D :)

The Taco Bell guitar by ESP - more innovative than Fender

Edit: Forgot to mention - comes in a Hard or Soft Shell Case

rumfoord
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rumfoord » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:27 am

Benjirob wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:19 am
rumfoord wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:23 am
Anyway, could be worse: it could be an Evertune bridge*.
I’ll leave this here...

There we go! Whoever had "Mark Hoppus signature" (in the gambling pool) is pulling into the lead! No prizes until it's being mass produced, of course.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:36 am

Thank God Fender finally made a Jazzmaster you could perform with. Previous Jazzmasters were only good for placing on a stand behind you while you sipped Lady Grey tea and ate finger sandwiches with cucumber and crème fraiche.

I'm just clowning because this guitar sucks.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

X-Ray Spex
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by X-Ray Spex » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 am

Anyway, could be worse: it could be an Evertune bridge*. I'm in btw, if anyone wants to make an official OSG pool for when the first Fender offset with an Evertune bridge comes out.

*I've never played one, but as far as I can tell this is kind of an antithesis to offset bridges. It sounds awful. There's a spring to always balance the string tension—which can turn "off" bending if you choose. I rarely rarely bend (if ever), but still—I can't imagine how this doesn't just kill all character of the guitar.
Evertune bridges are amazing, I've played a few and you can adjust how much bend there is available on the guitar so if you're doing super precise rhythm tracks you can adjust it so there's no possibility of bending chords slightly sharp or flat and then flick it back up so you can bend like a normal guitar. The Evertune also makes it so the guitar never ever goes out of tune regardless of environmental factors or knocking the headstock off something.

I never felt that it took away from the guitar's character. I'm interested to know what you or everyone else in this thread personally think makes up the elements of a guitar's particular character? Is it pickups, wood, neck material etc or something more abstract?
''It's not what you play, it's what you play'' - Troy Van Leeuwen

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Danley » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:31 am

Larry Mal wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:36 am
Thank God Fender finally made a Jazzmaster you could perform with. Previous Jazzmasters were only good for placing on a stand behind you while you sipped Lady Grey tea and ate finger sandwiches with cucumber and crème fraiche.

You're in the market for a Japanese Performer ;)

King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

rumfoord
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rumfoord » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:38 am

X-Ray Spex wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 am
Evertune bridges are amazing, I've played a few and you can adjust how much bend there is available on the guitar so if you're doing super precise rhythm tracks you can adjust it so there's no possibility of bending chords slightly sharp or flat and then flick it back up so you can bend like a normal guitar. The Evertune also makes it so the guitar never ever goes out of tune regardless of environmental factors or knocking the headstock off something.

I never felt that it took away from the guitar's character. I'm interested to know what you or everyone else in this thread personally think makes up the elements of a guitar's particular character? Is it pickups, wood, neck material etc or something more abstract?
I didn't mean to sound quite so cantankerous, but I definitely was assuming it worked better for some musical styles and players than others.

But it sounds probably like all my suspicions are ungrounded, though—which is great to hear.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:00 am

Danley wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:31 am
Larry Mal wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:36 am

You're in the market for a Japanese Performer ;)

Actually, I think those guitars are cool- and that was back in the day when Fender genuinely tried new things. Like I say, I like Fenders, I have a Bullet and Lead, I have a Gibson Marauder and Sonex and whatnot. I like electric guitars, I just want to feel that there was some kind of vision or passion behind it rather than this stupid committed designed corporate bullshit fake Jazzmaster.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

vistavision
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by vistavision » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:54 pm

Corporate bullshit fake Jazzmaster now added to "Offsets in Production". (Usual caveats: no Special Editions, FSRs, Limited Editions, etc....)
I'm sure some Fender dealer in '64 looked at the new Duo-Sonic II and thought, "That's not a Duo-Sonic. That's a Mustang".

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:11 pm

vistavision wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:54 pm
Corporate bullshit fake Jazzmaster now added to "Offsets in Production". (Usual caveats: no Special Editions, FSRs, Limited Editions, etc....)
ok. so based on the amount of people saying "not a real jazzmaster" look at this picture. 17 guitars with the jazzmaster name on them. only 6 could be considered "not real jazzmasters" in that they have a hardtail bridge rather than a jm trem
*edit, did'nt count the baritone jazzmaster*
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Andrew WK gives me life sometimes.

That taco guitar is fantastic, but I can't help but notice that when playing it, it's gonna look like all the filling is gonna fall out. Poor taco.
This is an excellent rectangle

Debaser
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Debaser » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:26 pm

Oh tacos, yum...
50,000 watts out of Mexico, this is the BorderRadio...

kimson
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kimson » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:57 pm

Well, it does look a lot better than the Player JM with mismatched pickups: more balanced and together, or something like that. But I hate the massive empty space behind the bridge and I don't think I'll ever buy another guitar with the sproingy Strat trem.

I also disapprove the inconsistency:

- Jaguar w/ Strat trem = Jagmaster
- Mustang w/ Strat trem = Cyclone
- Jazzmaster w/ Strat trem = Jazzmaster

X-Ray Spex
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by X-Ray Spex » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:11 am

rumfoord wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:38 am
X-Ray Spex wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 am

I didn't mean to sound quite so cantankerous, but I definitely was assuming it worked better for some musical styles and players than others.

But it sounds probably like all my suspicions are ungrounded, though—which is great to hear.
I think that's the most measured and reasonable response I've ever read on a forum ever :D And yeah they're pretty great, I highly recommend you check one out in person if you get the chance.
''It's not what you play, it's what you play'' - Troy Van Leeuwen

wooderson
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by wooderson » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:20 pm

vistavision wrote:
Corporate bullshit fake Jazzmaster
The Jazzmaster really sold out, bro. You should have heard their earlier stuff.

vistavision
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by vistavision » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:19 pm

wooderson wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:20 pm
vistavision wrote:
Corporate bullshit fake Jazzmaster
The Jazzmaster really sold out, bro. You should have heard their earlier stuff.
That's actually really funny. "I got all Jazzmaster's old split 7 inchers with Jaguar on the flip."
The "Corporate bullshit fake Jazzmaster" was the last 4 words of the comment before mine. I was being snarky by making the first four of mine.
I'm sure some Fender dealer in '64 looked at the new Duo-Sonic II and thought, "That's not a Duo-Sonic. That's a Mustang".