New Offset, Poll.. too many options.. new purchase, missing my old Jag!

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.

Which new offset to purchase?

Johnny Marr Jaguar
51%
TVL Jazzmaster
8%
Am Pro Jaguar
No votes
Am Pro Jazzmaster
3%
Classic 60s Jazzmaster
10%
Classic 60s Jaguar
15%
60th Anniversary Jazzmaster
13%

Total votes: 39

station_2_station
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: New Offset, Poll.. too many options.. new purchase, missing my old Jag!

Post by station_2_station » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:05 pm

Update:

I mislabeled the Jazzmaster and Jaguar in the poll, the "Classic 60s" should be American Original 60s.* if its worth the extra.

Seeing some more votes come in for the 60th Anniversary JM, the Vintage Blonde looks great, am very reserved because of the Pau Ferro, I have played them, the jury is still out, if anyone has experience I would definitley appreciate your feedback on the model itself or even Pau Ferro, not a wood snob, just a bit different of these models...? *

Personally, leaning somewhere between the American Originals Jazzmaster or Jag, Marr Jag(heavily), and keep an open mind on the 60th Anniversary JM. It doesn't feel much different just the look is a bit off-putting, still open to it, considering the finishes look great.

Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jaguar018 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:58 am

station_2_station wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:00 pm
Very good hearing from a fellow Jag player, out of the current line-up which do you prefer? I'm between the Marr and the American Original as the votes come through, haha. Still have an open mind towards other things. I like the Am Pro but for the extra money the electronic upgrade alone seems worth it. Plus the Marr, I believe has an extended tremolo, which I could find useful.
I like those two versions of the Jag for sure; but I haven't played them (as I am currently happy with the one I have :P ). My personal preference is for all of the vintage specs. If my house burned down, was lost in a hurricane, or whatever and I had to get a new Jaguar, I'd probably go with the AV65s, but I would love to try that Marrguar.

station_2_station
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by station_2_station » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:04 am

Jaguar018 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:58 am
station_2_station wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:00 pm
Very good hearing from a fellow Jag player, out of the current line-up which do you prefer? I'm between the Marr and the American Original as the votes come through, haha. Still have an open mind towards other things. I like the Am Pro but for the extra money the electronic upgrade alone seems worth it. Plus the Marr, I believe has an extended tremolo, which I could find useful.
I like those two versions of the Jag for sure; but I haven't played them (as I am currently happy with the one I have :P ). My personal preference is for all of the vintage specs. If my house burned down, was lost in a hurricane, or whatever and I had to get a new Jaguar, I'd probably go with the AV65s, but I would love to try that Marrguar.
Ah well good to know, I actually enjoy the vintage specs, switches and all as well. I made a not so great decision getting rid of my old Classic Player Jag. Then again the plan was to sell it for a Marr, now that I have the cash, totally been overwhelmed by the options. Gah!
Point in case, don't ever sell that Jag you love!

station_2_station
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by station_2_station » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:30 pm

Thank you for helping me navigate the maze of available offsets, from the votes I see my intuition is a bit correct. I spent sometime on the phone with Fender today, they have been quite useless and uninformed on their own products. This is unfortunate. I wish I could add St Vincent as an option as I genuinely think I maybe picking one of these up after playing one in the store a few times.

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Danley » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:40 pm

Ernie Ball Music Man is a great company, and they've made among the best guitars I've *ever* played. I'd pretty much say go for that :) But it's not a Jaguar/Jazzmaster. I'd have a tough time talking myself into anything other than a Classic '60s lacquer if I was in the market, but I'd probably go full-hog and grab an American Original/AV if I needed to replace my present MIJ.
King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

station_2_station
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by station_2_station » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:48 pm

Danley wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:40 pm
Ernie Ball Music Man is a great company, and they've made among the best guitars I've *ever* played. I'd pretty much say go for that :) But it's not a Jaguar/Jazzmaster. I'd have a tough time talking myself into anything other than a Classic '60s lacquer if I was in the market, but I'd probably go full-hog and grab an American Original/AV if I needed to replace my present MIJ.
Right? That is seemingly becoming the plan, the company has been super friendly and helpful which definitley adds points. Plus the design is pretty killer, however you are absolutely right, I will always love JMs and Jags. Maybe I just need to scoop them up slowly, in the meantime use the St V as my number 1. So odd, as I started this journey with a Jaguar 10 years ago. Thank you for understanding! (The temptation to go full-hog on the American Original still lingers) hahaha

station_2_station
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by station_2_station » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:16 am

*Update* Looking like a Marr Jaguar!

First and foremost thank you for the replies in the poll. As I have looked over all of these models for years my common sense points me to a Johnny Marr.
After reviewing the St V I mentioned, twas out of frustration. At the moment I'm more than likely purchasing a white or blue Johnny Marr Jag, or a TVL, considering the AO's, just not totally sold on them. '

That being said if anyone has suggestions for building this new rig feel free to chime in. Torn between Fender silver face reissues and Vox AC series.
I'm a big fan of fuzz, but spend considerably more time and money on modulation. I have my pedals I already own but will be purchasing a new amp, and a few pedals to compliment said new guitar.

Once again thank you for voting, stoked to get so much feedback!