MIM FSR Ken Custom

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Don B
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

MIM FSR Ken Custom

Post by Don B » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:14 pm

Sorry for my ignorance on this subject but I found a couple of listings for a MIM FSR Ken Custom Jaguar in Arctic White. Appears to be a standard Jaguar with a bound neck, block inlays and a painted headstock. All things I find to be cool. I hadn't been looking into Jaguars for a long time until recently and am not aware of the story behind these. Can someone fill me in with the history and, perhaps, tell me more about this model? How does it differ from a standard Jag other than the obvious cosmetic upgrades (to me) that I described? Was it available in more than Arctic White?

sunburster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: MIM FSR Ken Custom

Post by sunburster » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:36 pm

They made 150 of them and only in white. They were made for the Japanese market, but in Mexico (pretty weird). It is basically a MIM Classic Player Jag with B&B neck and a nice Arctic White finish with matching headstock. Classic Player Jags are not traditional Jags, they include the following changes:

-Polyester paint finish
-9.5" radius neck with medium-jumbo frets
-Hot/High output single-coil pickups (quite different from traditional Jag pickups)
-Tremolo moved closer to the bridge (most people around here do not like this change)
-Adjust-o-matic bridge
-Screw-in tremolo arm

Don B
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Don B » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:45 pm

Thank you Sunburster. One other question. Who or what is "Ken"?

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:06 pm

This is Ken.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

raindog13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by raindog13 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:29 am

sunburster wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:36 pm
They made 150 of them and only in white. They were made for the Japanese market, but in Mexico (pretty weird). It is basically a MIM Classic Player Jag with B&B neck and a nice Arctic White finish with matching headstock. Classic Player Jags are not traditional Jags, they include the following changes:

-Polyester paint finish
-9.5" radius neck with medium-jumbo frets
-Hot/High output single-coil pickups (quite different from traditional Jag pickups)
-Tremolo moved closer to the bridge (most people around here do not like this change)
-Adjust-o-matic bridge
-Screw-in tremolo arm
One other thing to add to this; I haven't played a Classic Player so I can't speak for them for sure, but my Ken Custom Jag has a super thin neck on it.