CME exclusive Sherwood Green AO Jazzmaster

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
deanaxler
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: CME exclusive Sherwood Green AO Jazzmaster

Post by deanaxler » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:30 pm

Mechanical Birds wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:39 pm
I was asking about the first picture, the guitar next to the LPB one. I can’t find anything on the internet about it.
I'm thinking it's probably this model. Obviously, the pickguard has been changed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKsHqAdGkr8

ABurrell99
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by ABurrell99 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:02 am

Waiting for the day that they go back to making JMs with no binding

Highnumbers
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Highnumbers » Mon May 27, 2019 2:30 pm

deanaxler wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:30 pm
Mechanical Birds wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:39 pm
I was asking about the first picture, the guitar next to the LPB one. I can’t find anything on the internet about it.
I'm thinking it's probably this model. Obviously, the pickguard has been changed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKsHqAdGkr8
The one in the picture posted above is an original Sherwood JM (‘63 I believe).

The one in the YouTube video was one of a handful of CME custom shop specials produced in early 2018. I actually owned that Sherwood CME shown in the video and it still had its tort guard when I sold it a few months ago.

X-Ray Spex
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by X-Ray Spex » Tue May 28, 2019 4:40 am

Just saw this video in the thread, holy crap that tappy math-y stuff is the same kind of thing I play but literally nobody EVER demos anything with.

Still love this guitar, buuuut the new hybrid Japanese Jazzmaster is about half the price, better interpretation of the (at least to me) Sherwood green colour, and non-matching headstock sooo.... :D
''It's not what you play, it's what you play'' - Troy Van Leeuwen

Green angel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Green angel » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:36 pm

popvulture wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:37 pm
I agree with a couple others that the color looks off—may just be the color correction in the first pic and the vid, but it looks a bit more like OTM? Maybe sorta right in the middle of SG and OTM? Bluer. Anyway, super lovely color but weirdly something new in and of itself. Looks a bit more normal in the case pic?
I've got an OTM Jazzmaster and had a sherwood green AVRI, I prefer this new CME, definitly sherwood green but more complex (very close to the AVRI with a neutral light, an old LPB with led light, and a touch of charcoal frost when it's darker)
You can see mine here :
https://youtu.be/K0uTdU2jcsE

X-Ray Spex
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by X-Ray Spex » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:36 pm

Green angel wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:36 pm
popvulture wrote:
I agree with a couple others that the color looks off—may just be the color correction in the first pic and the vid, but it looks a bit more like OTM? Maybe sorta right in the middle of SG and OTM? Bluer. Anyway, super lovely color but weirdly something new in and of itself. Looks a bit more normal in the case pic?
I've got an OTM Jazzmaster and had a sherwood green AVRI, I prefer this new CME, definitly sherwood green but more complex (very close to the AVRI with a neutral light, an old LPB with led light, and a touch of charcoal frost when it's darker)
You can see mine here :
That was adorable, your musical family is really wholesome. Also did not think a Jazzmaster could do the Brian May tone.
''It's not what you play, it's what you play'' - Troy Van Leeuwen

BlueMelody
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BlueMelody » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:04 pm

Green angel wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:36 pm
popvulture wrote:
You can see mine here :
That is awesome, love it and thanks for sharing!!