Case interior on Marr Jaguar

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Case interior on Marr Jaguar

Post by Meriphew » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:24 am

I recently bought a KO Marr Jaguar, and liked it so much that I bought a Lake Placid Blue Marr Jaguar as well. Most cases I have seen (including the one I got with my KO) have the blue plush lining in the case, but the LPB Marr Jaguar I just got has a black plush case interior. The cases are identical other than the interior color. I bought the LPB from Sweetwater, and all of their LPB models are shown with the same black interior case.

I don’t really care either way, but has anyone else received a Marrguar with a black plush lined case?

DavidG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Case interior on Marr Jaguar

Post by DavidG » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:34 am

Meriphew wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:24 am
I recently bought a KO Marr Jaguar, and liked it so much that I bought a Lake Placid Blue Marr Jaguar as well. Most cases I have seen (including the one I got with my KO) have the blue plush lining in the case, but the LPB Marr Jaguar I just got has a black plush case interior. The cases are identical other than the interior color. I bought the LPB from Sweetwater, and all of their LPB models are shown with the same black interior case.

I don’t really care either way, but has anyone else received a Marrguar with a black plush lined case?
This won't help regarding the LPB Jags, but I recently got one in black and it came in the blue interior case. Since they were the last limited edition colour JM Jag before the LPB it looks like a recent change.

Perhaps they decided there would be too much blue going on between the jag and the case interior!

Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Meriphew » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:54 am

DavidG wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:34 am
Meriphew wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:24 am

This won't help regarding the LPB Jags, but I recently got one in black and it came in the blue interior case. Since they were the last limited edition colour JM Jag before the LPB it looks like a recent change.

Perhaps they decided there would be too much blue going on between the jag and the case interior!
I have seen other dealers selling LPB models with the blue plush lined case though.

sunburster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sunburster » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:41 pm

I've seen several black Marrguars with a black-interior case. I don't know why they've decided to make two different interiors, seems pretty weird to me and the blue looks much better than the black IMO.

YUNGDIRTDOGG
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by YUNGDIRTDOGG » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:06 pm

I had a black one that came with a case that had a black interior.