Squier Jazzmaster Deluxe weird noise

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
geisterfaust
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Squier Jazzmaster Deluxe weird noise

Post by geisterfaust » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Howdy! So, when I bought this guitar the metal wire that holds the saddles on the tailpiece was broken so the guitar buzzed like crazy. Anyway, took it to the shop and the guy gave me a new tailpiece and everything worked perfectly but lately i've been noticing some weird rattle/buzz coming from the headstock area (not the bridge) when I play my guitar with the trem arm on. When I take it out the sound disappears.

What the hell? Help a fellow human being pls.

Kramertron 2000
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Squier Jazzmaster Deluxe weird noise

Post by Kramertron 2000 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:09 pm

Although you say it's coming from the headstock, it is possible its the trem arm vibrating in the collet. My vintage modified Jaguar does thos sometimes - on mine the arm wont stay in either no matter how hard you push it in. Does the arm stay put when you arent holding it or does it flop down after you let go?

geisterfaust
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by geisterfaust » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:46 am

I think you are right it might be the trem arm. And nope, the arm stays in place once I push it hard enough to click

Addy Bart
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Addy Bart » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:47 am

Make sure the bridge is screwed into those collet thimble thingies. I had mine set as low as it would go and eventually it lost contact with the ground... every time I used the trem arm, it would produce scratchy noises.