Earthquake-Safe Guitar Stands?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
NICQ
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Earthquake-Safe Guitar Stands?

Post by NICQ » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:50 am

higgsblossom wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:35 am
I use stands by German manufacturer K&M because they have a translucent material that won‘t damage Nitro, if that is of any concern for you; maybe they have something for your needs. I like the „Guardian“ model, rock solid and pretty much every guitar model will fit:

https://www.k-m.de/en/mobile/mobile/overview/lpd/148
I also have one of those and can recommend them:

Stosh221
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Earthquake-Safe Guitar Stands?

Post by Stosh221 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:06 am

PJazzmaster wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:23 am
I used many different types of stands over the years, incl. stands provided by venues, festivals other bandsetc. Best portable /easy to carry one that is safe is the K&M heli. Main reason: It's sits really low and the guitar rests in a really secure backwards angle (probably not so ideal for gibson style headstocks but great for everything else).
I'd definitely second this recommendation. These K&H stands are super stable. They have a low center of gravity, they're inexpensive, fold up nicely, and the rubber coating hasn't caused any problems with any of my nitro finish guitars. No first-hand earthquake action, but they're idiot-quake resistant for sure. I've bumped/backed/blundered into them on many occasions and never had a guitar take a tumble. Only type I'll use.