NGD: Bilt S.S. Zaftig

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Re: NGD: Bilt S.S. Zaftig

Post by Maggieo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:02 am

Meanwhile, I'm dying to play it! (without the Regals, that I just kind of hate)
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

LPTyler
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by LPTyler » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:05 pm

I have a Zaftig with 3 goldfoils and I love the way it sounds. The bridge is still pretty bright, but not overly so. They are really good guitars, the build quality is amazing on them and they look great!.

I am still a Les Paul guy, but I like them!

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:59 pm

So, I left the Zaftig with my man Dustin, and after he gave it a proper set-up and adjusted the pickups, I like the Regals and LOVE the guitar!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

It's amazing. Sounds great through my '65 Vibro Champ and Strymon Deco. Just fantastic. And it plays like buttah!
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

Gavanti
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Gavanti » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:21 pm

Excellent! So are you still planning on making the swap or seeing how the Regals suit?

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:38 pm

Gavanti wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:21 pm
Excellent! So are you still planning on making the swap or seeing how the Regals suit?
I'm going to give the Regals some time and see if we get along, now that they're sorted. The original set-up was horrid. The D-string was dead in all sorts of different places along the neck, and the bridge pickup was perilously close to the strings and the pole pieces were all as high as they could go.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:47 pm

Here's Big Blue at my place:

Bilt S.S. Zaftig, November 04, 2017 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by windmill » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:34 pm

Glad to hear you have resolved the issues with it.

Hope you are playing it all day every day !

:)

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:05 am

windmill wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:34 pm
Glad to hear you have resolved the issues with it.

Hope you are playing it all day every day !

:)
I picked it up around 10:00PM last night and next thing I knew, it was 12:30AM!

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:36 pm

I've settled in with the Regals and by God, now they're one of my favorite pickups now. And they sound amazing in the Zaftig.

All's well that ends well! ;D