NGD comin soon

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NGD comin soon

Post by ludobag1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:17 am

i have fall :fp:
again :fp:
something that i miss since 2 years
important it is red ! :)

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD comin soon

Post by ludobag1 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:15 am

she 's here !! :)
finally after more than month of waiting i have it after my friend keep it cause it was 600 km far from my home and friday i have gone to pick up it
something weard is the wood on the headstock ? look like a cross :derp:
it is like a new guitar it have only one year and half ,the ex owner buy it in may 2016 and played it rarely
just a little stripe in the back (you have to look really to see it and it is only in the surface of paint ) a chip on the neck pocket (usual when the neck is to much adjusted ),a little marks on the side at headstock and a mark in the varnish where a head tuner was put (nitro react)
the fret are totally like new i think none are used and just one show a little play (i remeber my cij have fret worn for some in the cowboy chord zone)
it is mount with 11 48 that i find a little to soft ,i play 10 52 on my jazz
i have set up it higther cause of my playing cause when she arrived it was too low (1 mm fret clearence) i have set up 2 mm at E bass and 1.5 mm at E treble
maybe i will ajust the neck but for now i let it like this cause it is very straight (i think the gap is less than 0.2 mm when you fret it at first and last fret )and if i put a gauge more important the gap will be good
i hesitate to put 10 52 or put more ? like 12 52
it play really easyer than my jazz du to scale i am not too chocked by the change of scale
the nut need some work on the e bass (i think it is a normal thing for store guitar ,i am not not desapointed but normally i made my guitar then it is new for me )
the guy put a mustang bridge on it and change the string t (don't know what wrong with the one(string t) delivered with ? but it gave me with the guitar as the original bridge)
the side of fret are well ,not cutting
a little vid in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoJbjWWnc64

my impression are really good ,lighter than my cij (this one was really heavy as i remember)
sound good ,the arm of the vibrato is better than the cij
the stock pups are good ,don't know if i will put the peter leonard wizard pickup i have kept from the cij ?
fiesta red is real nice (first fiesta guitar i have )
the neck is thinner i think than the cij and i feel it really better (as i remember the cij was on the bigger side more thick)
the case is jazzmaster friendly ! cool

supersonicjazzmaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by supersonicjazzmaster » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:56 am

Great Ludo!!!
This is maybe one of the best decisions in your life.
So it feels better than your sold CIJ, this is good to hear. I know this feelings. When I bought my thin skin fiesta red Jag I had the same in love feelings!

Have fun!!! Playyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
It starts... when it begins.
Ralf Kilauea

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ludobag1 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:56 am

maybe i am more jag than before but the cij was heavy then it is something that count also
i feel less lost on this one time will tell if i become jag addict (i don't bond with my strat and it is for sale ,sound good but miss the trem of the jazz/jag)