Pickguard for Squier Jazz Bass?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
thecolorwaves
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Pickguard for Squier Jazz Bass?

Post by thecolorwaves » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:34 am

Hi all, hoping someone can point me in the right direction with this: I have been trying to find a cheap and cheerful tort or black pickguard for the above guitar for some time now, with no luck. It's the one with the gold 50th anniversary sticker on the back of the headstock. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

BCbassman
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Pickguard for Squier Jazz Bass?

Post by BCbassman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:02 am

Check out the repro pickguards made by Chandler or any number of asian sources.
Many shops or stores will have pickguards left over from customer swaps or over stock and some places discount these items.
The hard part in getting a pickguard for a Jazz bass is matching the screw pattern. Your bass appears to have the vintage
Jazz bass PG screw pattern so reissue guards may fit or be close.

If you can, bring the bass or just the Pick guard with you to match up for a new one.

Good luck

thecolorwaves
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Pickguard for Squier Jazz Bass?

Post by thecolorwaves » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:09 am

BCbassman wrote:Check out the repro pickguards made by Chandler or any number of asian sources.
Many shops or stores will have pickguards left over from customer swaps or over stock and some places discount these items.
The hard part in getting a pickguard for a Jazz bass is matching the screw pattern. Your bass appears to have the vintage
Jazz bass PG screw pattern so reissue guards may fit or be close.

If you can, bring the bass or just the Pick guard with you to match up for a new one.

Good luck
Thank you so much!