Tremolo Arm Tips?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Timko
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Tremolo Arm Tips?

Post by Timko » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:20 pm

I have been absolutely loving my new Marr Jag; it's a great combination of weight and balance, sound, and feel. On top of it, it looks great. The only setup modification I'm making is the switch to a Staytrem bridge, which is in the mail. I had one of those on my Squier VM and I found a lot of usefulness out of the 52mm string spacing.

Anyway, because I'm not changing much in terms of electronics/pickup/tremolo, I've been exploring some changes to the look of the instrument. I'm already strongly considering a pickguard change to tort, a change to the neck plate (Decoboom makes one that has Woodie Guthrie's famous quote "This Machine Kills Fascists" that I've had my eye on for a while) and potentially a tremolo arm tip. I have long loved the look of the Mastery UFO tips, but I know that their tips and arms only fit their tremolo systems, which I'm not really in the market for (the one on the Marr is very nice). So I was wondering if there were any companies that made aftermarket tips for tremolo arms that some here had any experience with.

spacecadet
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Tremolo Arm Tips?

Post by spacecadet » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:02 pm

Any US Strat tip should fit - they're the same tip.

I don't have a lot of experience with anything too different like the Mastery UFO, but I've used all sorts of regular Strat tips (mostly looking for the right color) from various companies and they all fit. So if you find something weird that's made for a Strat, it should work.

_nash
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Tremolo Arm Tips?

Post by _nash » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:03 pm

I had a UFO tip on a Jag once. If I remember right it was an AVRI tremelo/arm and I just had to wrap the arm with one or two turns of cellophane tape and the UFO tip fit perfectly. Without the tape the UFO tip was just slightly bigger in diameter then the AVRI arm.