NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Post Reply
User avatar
zastruga
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:20 pm

Re: NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Post by zastruga » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Oooh the irony! I built a JM inspired Tele earlier this year and every single builder other than MJT told me "it's just not possible to put a JM style tremolo on a Tele body." Now here we are, a mere few months later, and Fender is already copying me! ;D

I like mine better anyway. What the hell is up with that pickguard shape? It looks like they drew it on freehand. With their left hand. C'mon Fender, it's not that hard...

Image

User avatar
pscates
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:48 am

Re: NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Post by pscates » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Your JazzTele looks really nice. Great work!

User avatar
NICQ
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:49 am
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Post by NICQ » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:25 pm

^^ that looks really good!

Also PorkyPrimeCut's Strat looks great

Fender's take on the same ideas look like some bad photoshop mockups and sadly I'm sure they spent time and resources to come up with those "designs" .. I just wonder who will buy those for 2200$/1800€/1600£.. I mean 600-700 maybe because they are weird and from another universe etc .. but 1800?! Come on..

User avatar
rank
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 973
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:35 am

Re: NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Post by rank » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pm

Image

The red Start/Jaguar looks awful to me. The plates look crammed on it & the symmetry is off (none of those guitars look good actually). It looks like the plates & contours are fighting each other instead of being in harmony. Above is an example of a guitar with the plates & contours being in harmony (full disclosure: it's mine). I've not been impressed with anything i've seen from NAMM yet.
We are merely moving shadows-PS. 39:4-7

User avatar
sirspens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:26 pm
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Post by sirspens » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:44 pm

The Meteora is the best looking thing there.

Image

Although, one wishes they could have been more original than "well, um... Telecaster? Yeah. Telecaster" for the pickup configuration and aesthetics.

User avatar
tealsixtysix
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:17 am
Location: Massachusetts USA

Re: NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Post by tealsixtysix » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:59 pm

The Meteora would be a lot more interesting with 2 WRHBs.

User avatar
FightingPlankton
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2090
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:36 pm

Re: NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Post by FightingPlankton » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:20 pm

If I had my way it would have starcaster headstock with firebird tuners... and filtertrons, wrhb, or triple mini hums....
and be black, white, or silver, or that cool mij gunmetAL blue...and rosewood/ebony fretboard.
What is acoustic? Oh, you means a grandpa's guitars? A grandpa's guitars? That's for pussies and grandpas. I think you know it.

User avatar
clef051
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:39 am

Re: NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Post by clef051 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:22 pm

zastruga wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:24 pm
Oooh the irony! I built a JM inspired Tele earlier this year and every single builder other than MJT told me "it's just not possible to put a JM style tremolo on a Tele body." Now here we are, a mere few months later, and Fender is already copying me! ;D

I like mine better anyway. What the hell is up with that pickguard shape? It looks like they drew it on freehand. With their left hand. C'mon Fender, it's not that hard...

Image
Beautiful tele, i had mjt make me a body routed out for a jazzmaster trem, its a fantastic guitar.
I don't know why fender hasn't made this combo before.

User avatar
pocaloc
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1613
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:40 pm
Location: Spokane, WA

Re: NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Post by pocaloc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:18 pm

clef051 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:22 pm
zastruga wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:24 pm
Oooh the irony! I built a JM inspired Tele earlier this year and every single builder other than MJT told me "it's just not possible to put a JM style tremolo on a Tele body." Now here we are, a mere few months later, and Fender is already copying me! ;D

I like mine better anyway. What the hell is up with that pickguard shape? It looks like they drew it on freehand. With their left hand. C'mon Fender, it's not that hard...

Image
Beautiful tele, i had mjt make me a body routed out for a jazzmaster trem, its a fantastic guitar.
I don't know why fender hasn't made this combo before.
I agree, awesome tele. Way better than Fender’s new version.

User avatar
Natar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:58 am
Location: VA, United States

Re: NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Post by Natar » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:18 am

zastruga wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:24 pm
Oooh the irony! I built a JM inspired Tele earlier this year and every single builder other than MJT told me "it's just not possible to put a JM style tremolo on a Tele body." Now here we are, a mere few months later, and Fender is already copying me! ;D

I like mine better anyway. What the hell is up with that pickguard shape? It looks like they drew it on freehand. With their left hand. C'mon Fender, it's not that hard...

Image
Wow, that’s georgeous! What finish is that?

User avatar
zastruga
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:20 pm

Re: NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Post by zastruga » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:26 am

Natar wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:18 am
zastruga wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:24 pm
Oooh the irony! I built a JM inspired Tele earlier this year and every single builder other than MJT told me "it's just not possible to put a JM style tremolo on a Tele body." Now here we are, a mere few months later, and Fender is already copying me! ;D

I like mine better anyway. What the hell is up with that pickguard shape? It looks like they drew it on freehand. With their left hand. C'mon Fender, it's not that hard...

Image
Wow, that’s georgeous! What finish is that?
Thanks! It's a moderately aged Ice Blue Metallic. MJT did a fantastic job, can't say enough good things about them!

I don't exaggerate when I say I contacted pretty much every big builder in the U.S. and got a resounding "not even possible" from every single one. MJT, a company that doesn't even actually make guitar bodies, refused to take no for an answer, reached out to a private builder they knew on my behalf, and made it happen. Top notch!

User avatar
Larsongs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1220
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Re: NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Post by Larsongs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:11 am

I like that MJT Guitar, VERY COOL!

User avatar
thatfenderguy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:49 am
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Post by thatfenderguy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:04 am

rank wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pm
Image

The red Start/Jaguar looks awful to me. The plates look crammed on it & the symmetry is off (none of those guitars look good actually). It looks like the plates & contours are fighting each other instead of being in harmony. Above is an example of a guitar with the plates & contours being in harmony (full disclosure: it's mine). I've not been impressed with anything i've seen from NAMM yet.
This is much better than anything they’re releasing this year. I would much rather have this... how much? Haha.

User avatar
thisisnickpaige
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:25 pm
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Post by thisisnickpaige » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:45 am

Image

Image

The trouble maker and the strat-tele hybrid are cool! They remind me of the tele elite's from the early 80s and the Squier bullet guitars (except this one's body seems a bit off, much like the jazz tele) respectably. I especially dig the binding on the trouble maker.

It will be interesting to see where they are made at that price tag.
Last edited by thisisnickpaige on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sunburster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:04 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: NO Fender winter namm rumors?

Post by sunburster » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:57 pm

thisisnickpaige wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:45 am

It will be interesting to see where they are made at that price tag.
No doubt Made in USA. Rosewood + that price tag leaves no other plausible possibility.

Post Reply