Want to buy Billy Corgan's old guitars?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.

Re: Want to buy Billy Corgan's old guitars?

Postby Larry Mal » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:04 pm

If he's crazy enough to listen to Alex Jones, maybe the deals will be crazy too!

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby mackerelmint » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:54 pm

burpgun wrote:
mackerelmint wrote:He's a worse person than the Nuge, IMO.

Remember the time Ted Nugent became the legal guardian of a 17 year girl so he could have sex with her? Corgan sucks but he's still a few circles of hell above the Motor City Madman.

http://www.houstonpress.com/music/the-f ... ne-6756533

To the best of my knowledge, Ted didn't beat her. Corgan's got a rep for picking up trans women and then beating the shit out of them after he fucks them.
Please, talk more about how you hate Europe and bicycles.
mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby rank » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:42 pm

mackerelmint wrote:To the best of my knowledge, Ted didn't beat her. Corgan's got a rep for picking up trans women and then beating the shit out of them after he fucks them.

Geez. I hadn't heard that. What a jackass...
rank
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby burpgun » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:19 pm

mackerelmint wrote:
burpgun wrote:
mackerelmint wrote:He's a worse person than the Nuge, IMO.

Remember the time Ted Nugent became the legal guardian of a 17 year girl so he could have sex with her? Corgan sucks but he's still a few circles of hell above the Motor City Madman.

http://www.houstonpress.com/music/the-f ... ne-6756533

To the best of my knowledge, Ted didn't beat her. Corgan's got a rep for picking up trans women and then beating the shit out of them after he fucks them.

I...uhh...had not heard that one.
burpgun
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby Kent » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Citation obviously needed.
Kent
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby soggy mittens » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:54 pm

come on guys, this is off topic now and is potential slander. if you are not here to talk about billy's guitars then kindly gtfo?
If OSG has tort me anything...
soggy mittens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby mackerelmint » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Kent wrote:Citation obviously needed.

I spent a while before I posted that looking for the account I read of it, but it was buried under so much shit about devi ever that I gave up after about 10 minutes and went forward nonetheless.

The details as I remember them are that he took home a gal who frequented the same neighborhood bar as him, everyone knew her deal and he did too. He then beat her up to intimidate her into keeping her mouth shut and to try to make people think he'd been "tricked", but everyone there knew it was bullshit. Feel free to research, it'll come up eventually.

There's also a story about SP hiring a crossdresser to go seduce him for a joke, and he apparently just went along with it. Apocryphal to the best of my knowledge, but a pretty well known piece of SP lore at any rate.

Then he made public threats to Devi Ever. I mean, anyone who reads those tweets can tell he has some real hangups w/r/t transwomen and deals with them in a real ugly way.

But in the spirit of keeping on topic, I'll ask this: if you were going to buy one of his instruments to provide that woman he assaulted so she could smash it over his shiny bald pate (like a pumpkin?), which would you choose? :P
mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby Unicorn Warrior » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:30 am

mackerelmint wrote:
But in the spirit of keeping on topic, I'll ask this: if you were going to buy one of his instruments to provide that woman he assaulted so she could smash it over his shiny bald pate (like a pumpkin?), which would you choose?

FWIW, I'm not a huge Corgan fan and I'm not at all familiar with any of his controversies. But I don't think killing Corgan with one of his guitars would be justified. Especially for a questionable incident that can't be located anywhere on the net. It's hard to conceive something like that flying under the radar in today's time, then again crazier things happen.
Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby Grey » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:36 am

mackerelmint wrote:
I spent a while before I posted that looking for the account I read of it, but it was buried under so much shit about devi ever that I gave up after about 10 minutes and went forward nonetheless.

The details as I remember them are that he took home a gal who frequented the same neighborhood bar as him, everyone knew her deal and he did too. He then beat her up to intimidate her into keeping her mouth shut and to try to make people think he'd been "tricked", but everyone there knew it was bullshit. Feel free to research, it'll come up eventually.

So the real story here came from Corgan's LiveJournal page over 10 years ago from an account he wrote himself in which he went home with a girl he knew from around his neighborhood, left when he found out she was trans, and later threatened her to keep quiet when rumors started spreading. There was no assault, (not physically anyway) and that's a hop skip and a jump away from Corgan "having a rep for beating up trans women." I'll say the same thing I said in the politics thread, I may not like the guy but I think facts are important.

There's a copy of the post he wrote at the bottom of this page https://www.queerty.com/smashing-pumpki ... g-20110901 including the exchanges with Devi Ever which already paint a pretty ugly picture of his personality.
Grey
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby Pacafeliz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:35 am

Geez, this thread makes me sad.

It's happening to OSG now, too. Bummer...
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.
Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby mothershipzeta » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:48 am

Pacafeliz wrote:It's happening to OSG now, too. Bummer...

God, I really hope you're not referring to Corgan-esque homophobia happening inside OSG?
indulj már, hé / embermlék / önmagától gyulladó fény!
mothershipzeta
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby leokula » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:21 am

mackerelmint wrote:Corgan's got a rep for picking up trans women and then beating the shit out of them after he fucks them.

Regardless of who you're talking about, this type of comment without any sort of evidence to back it up is simply absurd... and then saying you looked for 10 mins and didn't find anything, makes it even worse.
Jaguar > Jazzmaster :)
leokula
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby mackerelmint » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Unicorn Warrior wrote:
mackerelmint wrote:
But in the spirit of keeping on topic, I'll ask this: if you were going to buy one of his instruments to provide that woman he assaulted so she could smash it over his shiny bald pate (like a pumpkin?), which would you choose?

FWIW, I'm not a huge Corgan fan and I'm not at all familiar with any of his controversies. But I don't think killing Corgan with one of his guitars would be justified. Especially for a questionable incident that can't be located anywhere on the net. It's hard to conceive something like that flying under the radar in today's time, then again crazier things happen.

Who said anything about killing him?

As for things flying under the radar, it happens all the time. There's a whole industry around burying unflattering search results, and search algorithms pull up things they think are "likely", but not necessarily accurate. For example, I tried for several days to pull up an interview with a pop singer who said a particular thing in it, and it was in the news, but it was buried under so much stuff that getting to it was just not going to happen unless I had access to the lexus nexus database, which I don't.
mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby mackerelmint » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:09 pm

Grey wrote:

mackerelmint wrote:

So the real story here came from Corgan's LiveJournal page over 10 years ago from an account he wrote himself in which he went home with a girl he knew from around his neighborhood, left when he found out she was trans, and later threatened her to keep quiet when rumors started spreading. There was no assault, (not physically anyway) and that's a hop skip and a jump away from Corgan "having a rep for beating up trans women." I'll say the same thing I said in the politics thread, I may not like the guy but I think facts are important.

There's a copy of the post he wrote at the bottom of this page https://www.queerty.com/smashing-pumpki ... g-20110901 including the exchanges with Devi Ever which already paint a pretty ugly picture of his personality.

There are other accounts of that as well, including hers. They're very different. And in "queer" circles (I hate that word), his rep is what it is.

It's ultimately a bunch of words on the internet, but there's enough out there that things add up. I agree that facts matter, and I also know that this is a murky tale and none of us are probably going to be able to (much less be inclined to) get to the hard facts, but his rep is what it is, those are the reasons, and the calculus for it is pretty self-evident.
mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby tribi9 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:46 pm

In about 11 years Billy Corgan will be running for president of the USA. In about 12, he WILL be president of the USA.

:jacked:
tribi9
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

PreviousNext

Return to New & Reissue