Site will not let me change my registered email address?

For troubles with forum features or general questions regarding site moderation/administration.
B
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Site will not let me change my registered email address?

Post by B » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:31 am

So when I first registered here back in 07 or 08 is used my old work email account... This is a job I haven't been at since 08.

Bear with me while I explain this....

So today I get this message FROM MY OLD JOB that they are still getting email messages from offset guitars. See, back when I worked there I used my work email account to register on here. Unbeknownst to me, everybody's incoming and outgoing emails were also cc'd to the boss apparently so he could read everything we were doing via email at work (yes, it was one of THOSE kind of places to work). So since 08 when I quit, he has been also getting notified of PMs to me, etc. from here.... basically any email that would originate from here as a notification to me, he gets... still to this day. All of my recent activity on the sale/trade section apparently has been filling his inbox up and he is getting all frustrated about it.

Regardless, I got notified about it and attempted to change my registered email address on here, only to get a message, in red type, that "There is no MX profile registered to this email domain" or something like that. Bottom line, I can't change my registered email address on here. I attempted changing it to a few different email addresses I have, but the same message keeps popping up.

I thought about just re-registering and creating a different username, which I actually wouldn't mind doing, but I have a few ongoing trade talks going on in the buy sell section and wouldn't want to "start from scratch" and lose access to that area.

Anybody have any idea why it won't seem to let me change my registered email address on here?

FWIW, I did already change the settings so that I (and by "I", I mean my old boss) wouldn't get email notifications about new PMs to me, but I would really like to change my registered email.

B
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Site will not let me change my registered email address?

Post by B » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:39 am

And no, he can't just remove my old email account from their servers... Their IT department walked out when I did and they have nobody who understands anything tech related in any way. I'm surprised the lights can be turned on in the morning without assistance.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:33 am

I'll have a go at changing it, if you PM me the address you want it changing to.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

B
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by B » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:49 pm

Thank you so much. You guys probably don't get told this enough, but I am very appreciative of the work you guys do.

Thank you.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:59 am

No worries!
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

sookwinder
Mods
Mods

Post by sookwinder » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:40 am

we could even allow you to utilise a vowel and an additional couple of consonants for your user name if you wish ...
relaxing alternative to doing actual work ...