sub-categories

For troubles with forum features or general questions regarding site moderation/administration.
FightingPlankton
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

sub-categories

Post by FightingPlankton » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:22 am

So I was browsing through the guitar shop, which is very difficult since the word "neck" is too common to do a search for, and thought
"wouldn't it be nice if there were sub-categories for 'Effects,' 'Guitars', 'Guitar Parts', and 'Amps'?"
Then I decided it might be worth mentioning here...so I did.
What is acoustic? Oh, you means a grandpa's guitars? A grandpa's guitars? That's for pussies and grandpas. I think you know it.

Jay
Admin
Admin

Re: sub-categories

Post by Jay » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:45 pm

We've generally opted to keep it condensed I think due to there not being a huge amount of activity. It also makes it difficult when people want to make one thread for items in multiple categories. This is a good topic for discussion though so if anyone has an opinion one way or the other, please share.

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:44 pm

My opinion is keep it as is.

Five separate subsections sounds like a terrible idea frankly, and quite frequently people are trying to offload a bunch of differently categorised stuff anyway.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

AWSchmit
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by AWSchmit » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:13 am

I like the categories just the way they are, However I do hate that some words get kicked back because they are too COMMON?! I just want to tell whatever computer (or server or whatever),

"YOU'RE A FUCKING COMPUTER!! YOU CAN COMPLETE MORE FUNCTIONS PER SECOND THAN I CAN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE TIME, FIND THE DAMN RESULTS!!!"

I know there's nothing the forum admins can do about it, but I do hate it so.
I finally finish building a guitar, go to play it, and then remember, "oh yeah, that's right. I suck at playing... Why did I build another guitar again?"