1961 Fenton Weill Super Streamline rebuild

Bringing your older offset back to life.
mgeek
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: 1961 Fenton Weill Super Streamline rebuild (pic heavy)

Post by mgeek » Sat May 14, 2016 12:46 pm

DM-ing you now

vale
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: 1961 Fenton Weill Super Streamline rebuild (pic heavy)

Post by vale » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:45 pm

hey mgeek, congrats on your resurrection, that is a stunner. you did it justice & more. i might have gone for a plain black (no better reason than i just like black) but that burst works & is fits with other fws i have seen pics of. never in real life alas. but it looks a hell of a lot like a showroom original despite it's previous.

what do you think about it for playability? neck style, pickups sound, etc? i see things like this on ebay sometimes but resist because i have s sort of prejudice, based on limited experience, that they look great but are quite hard work to play compared to newer things. early days of the science, not a criticism of the guitars in & of themselves.

btw could i ask a favour if you still have it. am toying with the idea of building a guitar this year (project 1!) & this body shape is something i'm now (having discovered it through your thread) seriously interested in. fw dimensions on web impossible to come by, more so any kind of diy templates, but i was on an fw site & saw this photo of a fw headstock photod against a map. coincidental in this case...
... but i figured that if any body/headstock was photod against a gridded or chequed background it would make it super easy to grid up to full scale.

so that was my (maybe cheeky) request really. that if you have it out somewhen & have any kind of regular grided ground, that you could photo it against it. telephoto option may be better than wideangle, as it stops lines converging, but really anything would be a start.

but it's a treasure & your project report & photos make me want one bad.

enjoy your beastie!
i am an animal.