Current source for repro decals?

Bringing your older offset back to life.
CorporateDisguise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Current source for repro decals?

Post by CorporateDisguise » Mon May 06, 2024 3:18 am

I got one from Rotko and Frost that looks pretty good. They didn’t have the Era I was looking for, so I had to custom order for a late 60s style JM decal. The main part of the decal looked great, but the font and size of the Synchronized Floating tremolo part was off and a little too big. May have been my fault in the ordering process.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Mon May 06, 2024 6:38 am

So, I received a neck from a Chinese seller on eBay that came with a decal on it already. The interesting part about that is that it doesn't seem like a waterslide but I think it's a die-cut DTF (Direct To Film) sticker that's super thin but at the same time it's not obvious. DTF stickers are much easier to apply from what I've seen, so I'm wondering if anybody's had any experience with actually getting them.

I don't have the neck with me at work to post a pic but I believe @Copacetic also got one from the same factory and might have good pics. He might also be able to confirm my thoughts on whether it's a DTF or just a waterslide and I'm out of my mind. :wacko:

RockStarNick
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RockStarNick » Mon May 13, 2024 10:54 am

I'm going to need to source some decals soon, whether repro or custom designs.

I've had great experience with Rothko and Frost back in then day. Glad to see that they're still around. They're decals were thin, but strong, and the edges totally vanished under 3-4 coats of clear.