Squier Bullet Mustang Modification Questions....Please Help

Bringing your older offset back to life.
DavidG508
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Squier Bullet Mustang Modification Questions....Please Help

Post by DavidG508 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:28 am

Hello everyone,first time posting here...
I recently purchased a new Squier Bullet Mustang with intentions of changing pickups, tuners, and bridge saddles!
Pickups is where I have all my questions. I've decided on swapping the stock neck humbucker for a humbucker shaped wide range humbucker from guitar fetish. I've also decided on a humbucker sized p90,also from guitar fetish, to replace the bridge humbucker. The stock controls are a volume,a tone, and a 3 way switch to control 2 humbuckers. Will I need 2 different tone pots for the 2 different pickups or will 1 work??? What would you suggest for pots for volume and tone for the p90 in the bridge and wide range humbucker in the neck????
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!
Doing my best....

NoiseNoiseNoise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Location: Hertfordshire, England, Britain, UK, Europe, Earth, Outer Eastern Rim, Western Spiral Arm.

Re: Squier Bullet Mustang Modification Questions....Please H

Post by NoiseNoiseNoise » Mon May 22, 2017 10:40 am

welcome aboard.
As far as the wiring is concerned you can use the standard layout with those pups. I prefer the one vol/one tone setup over the 2 of each like on the Gibson LP. Many people here will be able to tell you which pots to use, how to use caps to get the right tone from each pup, and loads of other useful stuff that you didn't realise you needed to know, and they're generous with their knowledge. I'm just a fartaround as far as this forum is concerned :)
This is a signature. If you're reading this you've gone past the end of my post.