Custom Color Charts - 50s & 60s

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
N0_Camping4U
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Custom Color Charts - 50s & 60s

Post by N0_Camping4U » Sat May 13, 2017 11:50 am

hornz wrote:Did anyone catch the recent GOTD video at Normans featuring an L series Jaguar - they were undecided on whether it was Inca Silver Metallic, Teal Green Metallic or Blue Ice Metallic. Interestingly it had dots and binding with a white pickguard (not a nitrate one) so would be late '65 to early '66, right? Looking at the charts I thought Firemist Silver Metallic coupled with the spec, but I was surprised they didn't have a peek under the pickguard as the guitar was obviously faded/greened somewhat. Either way, what a stunning Jaguar though.

Slightly off-topic I know, sorry.

It's being listed as teal green metallic for 16,500 on their website.

I am almost certain it is firemist silver, though.
"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

fendercollection
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by fendercollection » Thu May 25, 2017 10:41 am

OSGTemp wrote:
fendercollection wrote:
spacecadet wrote:Is Dakota Red faded in the last couple compared to the first? It looks noticeably brighter in the 63-65 chart. And brighter than CAR in both of the last two charts.

Or is this a color that actually gets darker on a guitar over time, and we've all just thought it was a darker color than it's supposed to be?
Here's another photo of the reds that might help. Both of the later color charts were pretty much nos and still had wax paper in them so I doubt the Dakota Red has faded much. The colors can always look a bit different depending on the lighting too

Could you please do a similar thing for the other colors? they look more vibrant when taken with a camera rather than a flatbed scanner. I had no idea these color charts were going for 5 hundry a piece.
I'll take photos of them all and try to upload them in the next day or two. I now have all 5 versions to compare

l9gaj
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by l9gaj » Thu May 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Very interesting to see as an owner of a sherwood green tele and a fiesta red JM.