"Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
User avatar
SignoftheDragon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 762
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:06 am
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: "Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Post by SignoftheDragon » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:25 pm

will wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:42 am
I'm pretty sure that termite guitar joke is a copy. No thanks.

As for the steampunk Jag - at least in this case, it looks like the different things seem like they are meant to do stuff. Probably bad stuff, but stuff nonetheless. Might be a bad idea to have flip-up spikes in the strum zone.
Yeah- I think you could hook up an old dot-matrix printer to that output port there- maybe it would print off tablature of your playing? compose lyrics inspired by whatever honking garbage plopped out of the audio circuits?

User avatar
blimpage
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:43 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: "Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Post by blimpage » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:03 am

"solid body"

Hmmmm not so sure about that.

User avatar
tribi9
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 9561
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Canada Dry

Re: "Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Post by tribi9 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:18 pm

blimpage wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:03 am
"solid body"

Hmmmm not so sure about that.
Pat would play it.

User avatar
Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 16291
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:34 pm
Location: Cococologne, Germany

Re: "Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Post by Pacafeliz » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:19 am

tribi9 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:18 pm
blimpage wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:03 am
"solid body"

Hmmmm not so sure about that.
Pat would play it.
I would roll with it... in its wooden casket :derp:
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

User avatar
s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 15529
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:30 am
Location: glasgow

Re: "Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Post by s_mcsleazy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:28 pm

offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

User avatar
will
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 943
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:36 pm
Contact:

Re: "Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Post by will » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:31 pm

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:28 pm
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1967-FENDER- ... SwNmJcm~dB

it's back
Is that Stumpy's friend Lumpy?

User avatar
s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 15529
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:30 am
Location: glasgow

Re: "Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Post by s_mcsleazy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:33 pm

will wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:31 pm
s_mcsleazy wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:28 pm
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1967-FENDER- ... SwNmJcm~dB

it's back
Is that Stumpy's friend Lumpy?
i do think so. i also was looking into his other listings.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1973-FENDER- ... Sw8f9bz6mJ

honestly. looking at his listings, i dont want to say he's dellusional but he is asking top money for a lot of things. like £1750 for a coronado xii neck.

edit number 3.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1966-FENDER- ... SwXdpcvk8k

this looks like a will project
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

User avatar
Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1137
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Bremen, Germany

Re: "Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Post by Zork » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:58 am

It's crazy that this seller is still in business...

X-Ray Spex
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:18 am

Re: "Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Post by X-Ray Spex » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:29 am

Why you'd do this to an essentially brand new top of the line Fender is beyond me, and then have the balls to charge OVER the original new price.

Absolute madness https://reverb.com/item/34353305-fender ... eavy-relic
''It's not what you play, it's what you play'' - Troy Van Leeuwen

User avatar
gusgorman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:34 am
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: "Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Post by gusgorman » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:30 am

ha! :)

User avatar
gusgorman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:34 am
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: "Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Post by gusgorman » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:35 am

this also available:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1980s-Vintag ... 4451163959

Looks like a refin to me.

User avatar
will
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 943
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:36 pm
Contact:

Re: "Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Post by will » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:29 am

X-Ray Spex wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:29 am
Why you'd do this to an essentially brand new top of the line Fender is beyond me, and then have the balls to charge OVER the original new price.

Absolute madness https://reverb.com/item/34353305-fender ... eavy-relic
When I see a really worn-looking guitar, I like to imagine how it was played to receive the wear pattern. This one was played by someone who would strum with a running dremel tool (with the ball-end burr) while never ever fretting any notes. Also they had a great big belt buckle shaped like Ohio, and lots of bedazzler studs all over their shirt and pants to make chips.

User avatar
countertext
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 3126
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:25 pm
Location: Tacoma

Re: "Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Post by countertext » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:34 am

Why would the guard be gouged? What are they even thinking? Never mind the other dumb stuff, but... never mind. I shouldn’t even look at relicked guitars.

X-Ray Spex
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:18 am

Re: "Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Post by X-Ray Spex » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:14 am

will wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:29 am
X-Ray Spex wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:29 am
Why you'd do this to an essentially brand new top of the line Fender is beyond me, and then have the balls to charge OVER the original new price.

Absolute madness https://reverb.com/item/34353305-fender ... eavy-relic
When I see a really worn-looking guitar, I like to imagine how it was played to receive the wear pattern. This one was played by someone who would strum with a running dremel tool (with the ball-end burr) while never ever fretting any notes. Also they had a great big belt buckle shaped like Ohio, and lots of bedazzler studs all over their shirt and pants to make chips.
I know right? Like at least make the wear marks believable rather than ''I dropped the guitar down some stairs once''.

The only time I've ever seen a guitar actually get that damaged in real life was when a friend of mine's toddler brother got a hold of his guitar and a screwdriver at the same time :fp:
''It's not what you play, it's what you play'' - Troy Van Leeuwen

User avatar
marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:37 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: "Why did you do it? Why did you do this thing to me?"

Post by marqueemoon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:30 pm

Spotted this on craigslist.

Image

Post Reply