Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
User avatar
JPCordingley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:28 am

Re: Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Post by JPCordingley » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:08 am

The Fender Modern Player Jazzmaster has maple fretboard with black blocks. If only it had proper JM pickups and a tone circuit.

User avatar
JPCordingley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:28 am

Re: Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Post by JPCordingley » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:09 am

Eurgh. Rhythm circuit. I'm tired and my brain isn't working.

User avatar
captainmind
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 am

Re: Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Post by captainmind » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:17 am

Tahbuss wrote:Soooo nice. I wish they would make an interchangable maple neck for both the jaguar and jazzmaster MIJ or USA. I found this hunting online...

Mij...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58dtvyBOnEw

and this

Image
I bought that japanese jazz for a project and turned it into the Goldmaster:
Image
My band: Dream Apes - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dream-Apes/116999935023832?ref=bookmarks

User avatar
woland
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:15 am

Re: Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Post by woland » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:47 am

offkeyericdee wrote:
Pacafeliz wrote:yes they made a handful in the late 60s/early 70s.
this one is in the fender book, but does nowadays actually belong to another OSGer here (from/in france, iirc)

Image
Totally amazing! I have dream journals filled with this Jazzmaster. Seriously, if the owner is listening, I'm willing to drop some shiny Euros on this guy! Drop me a line and name your price, hoss.
Hi! I'm the owner of that jazz master... and I'm going to have it refret, as is still has original frets.
I may be interested in selling it, will the fret job will affect the price?
I

User avatar
offkeyericdee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:20 pm
Location: Earth, The Solar System, The Oort Cloud

Re: Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Post by offkeyericdee » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:10 am

woland wrote:
offkeyericdee wrote:
Pacafeliz wrote:yes they made a handful in the late 60s/early 70s.
this one is in the fender book, but does nowadays actually belong to another OSGer here (from/in france, iirc)

Image
Totally amazing! I have dream journals filled with this Jazzmaster. Seriously, if the owner is listening, I'm willing to drop some shiny Euros on this guy! Drop me a line and name your price, hoss.
Hi! I'm the owner of that jazz master... and I'm going to have it refret, as is still has original frets.
I may be interested in selling it, will the fret job will affect the price?
I
Most likely yes, although if it is a professional refret by an accredited luthier who knows what he is doing then the effect on the price would be minimal.

Did you try selling the Jazzmaster on Facebook earlier this year? I saw a '69 maple cap one on the Jags and JMs group - it was in Italy. PM me a photo if you can :)
Yes, that's a Marauder in my profile pic. No, it's not for sale.

User avatar
Arthon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 2:33 pm
Location: Montréal, Québec

Re: Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Post by Arthon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:58 am

woland wrote:
offkeyericdee wrote:
Pacafeliz wrote:yes they made a handful in the late 60s/early 70s.
this one is in the fender book, but does nowadays actually belong to another OSGer here (from/in france, iirc)

Image
Totally amazing! I have dream journals filled with this Jazzmaster. Seriously, if the owner is listening, I'm willing to drop some shiny Euros on this guy! Drop me a line and name your price, hoss.
Hi! I'm the owner of that jazz master... and I'm going to have it refret, as is still has original frets.
I may be interested in selling it, will the fret job will affect the price?
I
My dream Jazzmaster!
The Blues Cartographer
(sorry for the spelling, I speak french)

User avatar
bterry
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Post by bterry » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Refrets on vintage guitars really only matter if the guitar in question is very, very original and in mint condition. If the guitar isn't mint and has playing wear, a refret will actually buoy the value. Just make sure it's professionally done and isn't some crazy jumbo fret size :)

User avatar
OffsetFace
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:59 pm
Location: Tacoma, Washington

Re: Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Post by OffsetFace » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:37 am


User avatar
OffsetFace
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:59 pm
Location: Tacoma, Washington

Re: Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Post by OffsetFace » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:46 am

Ive heard this one has the neck from the prototype, not sure how it happened or if its actually true. Aside from this one, the only other maple neck Jazzmasters ive seen are a few CBS era ones, the 3rd Jazzmaster ever made (the Desert Sand one with black aluminum guard sold to Norman Harris by Freddie Tavares) and an interesting black JM with maple neck and black binding owned by the guitarist for Merry-go-Round, not sure of the year on that one.

User avatar
offkeyericdee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:20 pm
Location: Earth, The Solar System, The Oort Cloud

Re: Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Post by offkeyericdee » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:07 am

OffsetFace wrote:Ive heard this one has the neck from the prototype, not sure how it happened or if its actually true. Aside from this one, the only other maple neck Jazzmasters ive seen are a few CBS era ones, the 3rd Jazzmaster ever made (the Desert Sand one with black aluminum guard sold to Norman Harris by Freddie Tavares) and an interesting black JM with maple neck and black binding owned by the guitarist for Merry-go-Round, not sure of the year on that one.
Better add another one to that list: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJjME5OAZam/
Yes, that's a Marauder in my profile pic. No, it's not for sale.

User avatar
OffsetFace
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:59 pm
Location: Tacoma, Washington

Re: Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Post by OffsetFace » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:13 am

offkeyericdee wrote:
OffsetFace wrote:Ive heard this one has the neck from the prototype, not sure how it happened or if its actually true. Aside from this one, the only other maple neck Jazzmasters ive seen are a few CBS era ones, the 3rd Jazzmaster ever made (the Desert Sand one with black aluminum guard sold to Norman Harris by Freddie Tavares) and an interesting black JM with maple neck and black binding owned by the guitarist for Merry-go-Round, not sure of the year on that one.
Better add another one to that list: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJjME5OAZam/
Isn't that a custom shop guitar?

User avatar
OffsetFace
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:59 pm
Location: Tacoma, Washington

Re: Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Post by OffsetFace » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:14 am

I'm sorry I thought we were talking about vintage Jazzmasters doh!

User avatar
offkeyericdee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:20 pm
Location: Earth, The Solar System, The Oort Cloud

Re: Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Post by offkeyericdee » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:24 am

OffsetFace wrote:
offkeyericdee wrote:
OffsetFace wrote:Ive heard this one has the neck from the prototype, not sure how it happened or if its actually true. Aside from this one, the only other maple neck Jazzmasters ive seen are a few CBS era ones, the 3rd Jazzmaster ever made (the Desert Sand one with black aluminum guard sold to Norman Harris by Freddie Tavares) and an interesting black JM with maple neck and black binding owned by the guitarist for Merry-go-Round, not sure of the year on that one.
Better add another one to that list: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJjME5OAZam/
Isn't that a custom shop guitar?
Oops. Sorry, my bad! It's nice though.
Yes, that's a Marauder in my profile pic. No, it's not for sale.

User avatar
frelonvert
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1675
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 1:21 am
Location: Toulouse, France.
Contact:

Re: Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Post by frelonvert » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:30 am

2013 Navigator JM. Quite nice.
Image
Take care the skons is evrywhere !

User avatar
Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 16075
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:34 pm
Location: Cococologne, Germany

Re: Maple Neck Fender Jazzmaster?

Post by Pacafeliz » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:19 pm

Arthon wrote:
woland wrote:
offkeyericdee wrote: Image

Totally amazing! I have dream journals filled with this Jazzmaster. Seriously, if the owner is listening, I'm willing to drop some shiny Euros on this guy! Drop me a line and name your price, hoss.
Hi! I'm the owner of that jazz master... and I'm going to have it refret, as is still has original frets.
I may be interested in selling it, will the fret job will affect the price?
I
My dream Jazzmaster!
yep it was a dream for/to me too, so i had this neck made for me in Mexico while the original one got awesomely restored by Saint TheWorkOfFire.
i still have it laying around somewhere... pretty cool, huh?

Image
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

Post Reply