NGD - Jagenstein

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
badform
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD - Jagenstein

Post by badform » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:37 am

Man... this is right up my alley. So much :? :-* :? :-* :? :-*

This thing is like a thematic cousin to my early 60s JM:

ohm-men
Expat
Expat

Post by ohm-men » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:34 am

That's one tasty looking Jazzmaster :?

MattK
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MattK » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:25 pm

ainm wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:16 am
I can see myself clearing out a lot of guitars now.
Hold on, wait now, there’s no need to take drastic action! Take a minute, calm yourself … there, that’s better.

ainm
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ainm » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:14 am

badform wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:37 am
Man... this is right up my alley. So much :? :-* :? :-* :? :-*

This thing is like a thematic cousin to my early 60s JM:
Oh, that’s one tasty guitar! Can definitely see the family resemblance.
MatthewK wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:25 pm
ainm wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:16 am
I can see myself clearing out a lot of guitars now.
Hold on, wait now, there’s no need to take drastic action! Take a minute, calm yourself … there, that’s better.
I appreciate you enabling me, but I’ve got at least half-a-dozen guitars I’ve never, ever got around to playing :D That’s a crime, and I certainly don’t fancy their chances of getting played now!

clintburgess
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by clintburgess » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:58 am

Love that this jag was found in a pawn shop in Seattle. Capital Hill neighborhood has a lot of musical memories for me. This jaguar is a perfect players piece that I'm sure will bring you a lot of satisfaction. It's unique condition oozes history and I'm sure there's songs still echoing from those old woods...Excellent find.

ainm
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ainm » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:33 pm

clintburgess wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:58 am
Love that this jag was found in a pawn shop in Seattle. Capital Hill neighborhood has a lot of musical memories for me. This jaguar is a perfect players piece that I'm sure will bring you a lot of satisfaction. It's unique condition oozes history and I'm sure there's songs still echoing from those old woods...Excellent find.
I didn’t know the history of Capitol Hill until the shop owner started telling me about it on the phone. Super cool. I’d been doing all the obvious stuff like Emerald City, Thunder Roads, but I was in Capitol Hill because there’s a cat cafe there. Then for some reason I wanted some granola and crossed the road to some sort of nut and cereal health store. Turns out that store is where the pawn shop used to be. Came out of there granolaless, crossed the road again and randomly walked up the hill, maybe half a block or a block. My partner, the eternal cynical goth, suddenly turned into Yoda and said she had a feeling we had to go into the pawn shop. I was shocked into complying. And the Jag was there and they were super nice people.

Is it an area you used to kick about often? Seems like it once had a fair bit of footfall from musicians of a certain scene, who were in and out of the pawn shops often.

clintburgess
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by clintburgess » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:02 am

ainm wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:33 pm
clintburgess wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:58 am
I didn’t know the history of Capitol Hill until the shop owner started telling me about it on the phone. Super cool. I’d been doing all the obvious stuff like Emerald City, Thunder Roads, but I was in Capitol Hill because there’s a cat cafe there. Then for some reason I wanted some granola and crossed the road to some sort of nut and cereal health store. Turns out that store is where the pawn shop used to be. Came out of there granolaless, crossed the road again and randomly walked up the hill, maybe half a block or a block. My partner, the eternal cynical goth, suddenly turned into Yoda and said she had a feeling we had to go into the pawn shop. I was shocked into complying. And the Jag was there and they were super nice people.

Is it an area you used to kick about often? Seems like it once had a fair bit of footfall from musicians of a certain scene, who were in and out of the pawn shops often.
Love the backstory on how you ended up in the pawn shop. Definitely not a direct route to what ended up being a marvelous find up on the hill. As you said, Capitol Hill has a long history in Seattle music lore. I didn't end up kicking around there until long after all the real festivities happened. But it's one of those neighborhoods that continues to foster a thriving "artists" scene and was pretty rad to spend time in back when I lived there for a year.

One of those stories of striking off for the big city to see where music and art will take you. Spent a year sharing a house with my bandmates, playing lots of local shows at such glamourus spots as tea houses, dance clubs and bookstores on random Tuesday evenings. We did end up ascending to the Triple Door Theater for a show but the run didn't last and day jobs took over. It was a great year though and I've got lots of memories of my time at that house up on the Hill.