NGD coming up. Greco 910

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
surfin_bird
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NGD coming up. Greco 910

Post by surfin_bird » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:13 am

I'll be picking up this crazy offset tomorrow.

I'm trying to sell off a chunk of my guitars but I got too tempted when I saw this one popping by.
Does anyone have experience with these?

It looks like it's in mint condition and the mute is still working. I hope the finish is in a mint condition like the original owner stated.
This guy apparently has a massive collection including jazzmaster and jaguars and he'll be selling some stuff due to old age,
so I'm pretty sure i'll have a field day at his place.

Enjoy the pictures for now. My favorite feature is the string tree, this is basically a cut down jazzmaster trem right?

nanamour
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD coming up. Greco 910

Post by nanamour » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:27 am

The trem looks to me to be more of a Hagstrom Tremar variant than a JM trem spin-off. Cool guitar nonetheless!

Jazzmastervsjaguar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD coming up. Greco 910

Post by Jazzmastervsjaguar » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:31 am

I owned a 3 pickup version many years back. They are a lot of fun but sort of what you would expect from a guitar like this. Mine played OK but I could never get the action down to where it needed to be for comfortable playing up the neck. That being said It was a cool and fun guitar. I think the look of these are really what makes them. If I could find one in Foam green I would buy it without a second thought though.

One thing to note mine had a broken Vibrato unit when I got it but I was able to get a vintage Hagstrom vibrato and it is a easy drop in replacement if you ever need one down the line. These are my favorite style vibrato units outside of the Jag/JM style and really suit the guitar.

Here's the old reverb link to when I sold it for more pictures:
https://reverb.com/item/25444-greco-ge-3-1960-s-red

Here is a link to Drowning in Guitars that has some info on them as well:
https://drowninginguitars.com/2013/01/2 ... ic-guitar/