Do these pickups look vintage? And wtf is going on with this wiring in my 62 JM!

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
andrewaward
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Do these pickups look vintage? And wtf is going on with this wiring in my 62 JM!

Post by andrewaward » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:45 pm

Look fine and original to me

Paul-T
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Do these pickups look vintage? And wtf is going on with this wiring in my 62 JM!

Post by Paul-T » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:18 pm

I thnk they look good. THe windings look exactly right. The poles could simply have been cleaned, or whatever.
"classic marked down to 20 pence bargain bin fodder'

gishuk
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gishuk » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Phew thats a relief then.
I won't bother chasing the dealer if the pickups are ok, even though the electronics are not original as advertised and as they still claim. Very much unimpressed with them.

Thank you so much for your help and knowledge on this guys, very appreciated.

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ludobag1 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:42 am

the wiring is not unmolested but the pups seems real old themselves ,first the are totally dishonest and made a work to make new parts look period correct ,or they are totally ignorant of this and didn't pull off the gard they ahaved only judge it by overall look ,
this 2 things made me scare of vintage dealers cause if you buy Something advertised as totally original and they claims it is ,normally you Don't have to put investigation behind ,and they must inform buyer to od specs before sale ,not waiting him to discover the Strange things of the guitar he have buy
if you buy a vintage from a vintage dealer you doesn't need to to be suspicious as from an advert from a local guy ,they sales things more expensive than local cause they do the work of verify it ,not only buy and resale ,then if vintage dealer can't be trust ?why buy Something more expensive ?
in France the law claims if you have wrong informated or cheated you can make an justice action for it ,normally the law made scare the dishonest and made them be more receptive to your case ,Don't know the holland law ? but you can ask for Something or made them publicity all over the web

gishuk
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gishuk » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:10 pm

Yeah thats the annoying part really, I expect a dealer to be honest in their listing and not have to second guess them.
If it was a private seller I'd have insisted on seeing the insides before buying but I took them at their word, which is a lesson learned I guess.

Not sure what the legal standing is or if it would be worth the hassle to try and get anything done about it, but I will write them an email explaining why I'm not happy and think how they handled this was unacceptable. Bearing in mind when I sent them photos of the insides they refused to accept that anything was not original!