Unmarked Japanese Mini-Jaguar

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
King Volcano
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Unmarked Japanese Mini-Jaguar

Post by King Volcano » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Hey there,

I got this neat Japanese offset Jaguar/Jazzmaster inspired guitar. Never seen one like it and don't know who made it. I know there were a bunch of Japanese guitar brands back in the 60's but I was wondering if anyone else had seen one like this.

It has the look of the cheaper guitars those companies like Teisco or Guyatone made, but the quality seems pretty good. My roommate has a Zen On sort of like this, but his guitar had no truss rod and had terrible action. Someone eventually made him a new neck. This one's neck is super straight though, has truss rod, and overall is very playable. The bridge is about the only thing I would change; though the action is fine and the intonation is surprisingly good.

Weirdest thing is it has a scaled down Jaguar body, but it seems to be full scale. Nut to bridge it measures around 25". After I bought it I was almost disappointed because I was expecting it to have some super short scale like an old duo sonic or something. But nope, just a small body with normal sized neck ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Kind of thinking of selling it cause I was hoping for something short for my gf. Now I'm on the lookout for a Intermark Cipher to feed my Japanese guitar obsession (not for my gf but for me 😀 ).