Framus Strato Deluxe switching question

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
mjs
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Framus Strato Deluxe switching question

Post by mjs » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:08 am

Hello. Just picked up a Strato Deluxe and it sounds pretty awesome. It definitely needs some fret work if not a complete re-fret and I'm gonna end up with some shims in the pocket. I haven't opened it up to look at the wiring yet but was hoping someone here might have a bit of experience with these so I wouldn't be going in completely blind, so to speak The switches on the upper horn are obv on/off. There is a tone switch for the bridge pickup and the neck pickup that creates a full/thin but I'm unsure how it's accomplished. I'm reasonably certain it's not out of phase because a second pickup is not engaged when switched. I don't think there's anything active in there but can't be sure (there's no obvious battery compartment). The main issue is that the swell effect is disabled and after determining the function of the tone switches, I'm wondering how it would be switched on and off in the first place. Shouldn't it have a third switch? Any advice would be much appreciated

Last edited by mjs on Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mjs
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Framus Strato Deluxe switching question

Post by mjs » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:51 am

UPDATE: Upon further investigation I found the volume swell effect was functional but I missed it because the only works on the middle pickup. Also the switch for the middle pickup turns the other two off. I needed to take some slack out of the spring and position the knob properly but it works pretty well now. The tone switches take alot of signal away but the tone knob for the bridge pickup becomes a kind of blend/volume.

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Framus Strato Deluxe switching question

Post by Pacafeliz » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:21 am

Whoa great job, thanks!!!
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.