Vintage Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster Bridge Height Screw

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
nrs24985
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Vintage Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster Bridge Height Screw

Post by nrs24985 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:33 pm

I recently bought a 68 jaguar and while doing some setup work on the weekend I noticed that one of the bridge height screws has obviously been lost and replaced with a strat one, or some kind of replacement, in any case it doesn't have the pointed end that allows the bridge to pivot and it is half the size of the original so its making getting it set up properly a challenge. I'm after a vintage replacement or will settle for an AVRI replacement.

Can anyone help with either a vintage replacement that they have salvaged or a single AVRI replacement?

I have posted about this in the text of another thread and in the WTB, but had no luck, so I thought I'd post here. PM me if you can help out.

I know I can buy replacement screws in packs of 12 from the likes of Darren Reilly and Angela, but I'm in Australia and those places, and any other replacement part site that stocks them, charge a minimum of $35-40 to ship internationally, which is frankly absurd, plus I don't need 12, though I would have just bought them if the postage costs weren't so unreasonable.

nrs24985
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Vintage Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster Bridge Height Screw

Post by nrs24985 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:47 am

Can anyone help with this? Ideally if anyone in Australia has one that would sell to me plus postage?

Alternatively, would someone in America buy the part for me from a retailer and then ship to me at actual cost?

bencrit
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Vintage Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster Bridge Height Screw

Post by bencrit » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:29 pm

nrs24985 wrote:Can anyone help with this? Ideally if anyone in Australia has one that would sell to me plus postage?

Alternatively, would someone in America buy the part for me from a retailer and then ship to me at actual cost?
I can probably help you out with this. Send me a private message and I'll see what I can do for you.