Welcome to OSG2.0!

Get the latest OffsetGuitars.com news.
Jay
Admin
Admin

Welcome to OSG2.0!

Post by Jay » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Welcome back everyone!

As you can see OSG has a new look and feel. We've been working for awhile to come up with something new and our previous forum software simply wasn't being updated on a development schedule that suited us anymore so we decided to make the move to PHPBB. We'll have some new features coming along but for the most part, everything works pretty much just as it did before.

Two important things were hosed up during the changeover however, avatars and PMs. You'll have to re-upload your old av or choose a new av. In the meantime everyone has a default avatar. Your old PMs all show up in an outbox. No idea why and nobody could help me sort it out so it is what is. You should go into your PMs and delete anything you don't need at some point as well as the new software will no longer allow you to save an unlimited number. Out database is way too big and this is one thing that could really help us keep it trimmed down a bit.

Other things of note:
• If you see any display bugs create a topic in the questions & comments section. PLEASE READ ALL THE OTHER BUG REPORTS if there are any first. None of us have time to sort through the same things over and over again.
•If you're having trouble posting or think you're unable to see a section you should be seeing PM one of the Mods or Admins.
• Accounts that have had 0 posts and no activity since the first of this year have been removed. Guest browsing is back on so these users will be able to browse the forum or re-register if they so choose.
• The gallery is down. For one reason or another when we switched to the new server it stopped working. We'd prefer to re-design it anyway and we'll get to work on that as soon as we can find the time.
• Say hello to RumoursOfSurf, offyourface and luau our new mods and admin respectively. As the rest of the folks that run the site have jobs and family (or whatever else there is that ends up taking away a lot of our time to spend maintaining the site) it was becoming clear we could use a bit more help. These members have exhibited a great temperament and in depth knowledge of guitar and gear and will be extremely valuable in helping to keep the tone of the site staying positive and productive.

Thanks for being patient with us and enjoy the new look!

glimmertwin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Welcome to OSG2.0!

Post by glimmertwin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:17 am

Phew...now I can get back to not writing music again. It's so easy to fall into that trap of being productive whenever the osg is down.

Congrats to the new admins!

JJ Gabor
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JJ Gabor » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:19 am

Great work folks. Site looks great!

Pepe Silvia
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pepe Silvia » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:23 am

Did you change the whole look because of the complaint you had that the place looks cheap and dated? lol

New site looks great. Mmmmm B&B

Slow-Pop
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Slow-Pop » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:59 am

I like it!

IFoughtTheLaw
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by IFoughtTheLaw » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:35 am

The site is looking great!!! I just got on the computer to see if OSG was up, and I was pleasantly surprised with the look. It seriously is a sweet color scheme/layout (Perfect for me and my olympic white/red tort love :D ) Awesome job, and congrats to the new mods and admin!!!

Jay
Admin
Admin

Post by Jay » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:46 am

eurotrashed wrote:Did you change the whole look because of the complaint you had that the place looks cheap and dated? lol

New site looks great. Mmmmm B&B
We were working on this long before that guy came along and tried to turn it into a contest.

Jay
Admin
Admin

Post by Jay » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:55 pm

I updated the black navigation bar at the top to be better organized and hopefully a bit more useful. Still working on some other additions to get some of the better features from the old site integrated into this one.

RumorsOFsurF
Mods
Mods

Post by RumorsOFsurF » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:24 pm

Looks great, Jay!! Glad to see "View New Posts" at the top all the time. :)
Damn kids, get off my lawn!