NVOD

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NVOD

Post by ludobag1 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:11 am

new vintage organ day :w00t:
since a long time i want a old keyboard ,i have miss a fender rhode15 years ago for cheap (each time i rethink about i am ill)
then 2 days ago this one catch my eyes ,a gem caravan R6 ,a gem caravan with an rythm unit (so 70 een)more or less than a jumbo or other copie of vox jaguar
adopted by the cat too

fully fonctionnal at his own,the organ the organ amp and the rythm machine works well
on the right side two jack ,headphone and cassette
i have try to plug in guitar amp and there is lot of noise ,the headphone jack is stereo and it made hum ,the cassette one seems to be mono but don't cut the interne speaker and is noisy too ,the organ by itself really less ,and not really noticiable

left side control ,volume and vibrato and other swith for sound ,the bass one is real cool ,a one octave under on the fist part of keyboard

and the under full mojo of 60 , 70 era
totally original at first sight ,i think i will have to change all the electrolitics to made the noise desapears ,also no ground connection
power supply i think

sound generator card

normally as i know you can rotate the keyboard on old organ ,but i haven't find how to do ?
it will be to look at the jack side and control side cause at this time i have no access
(and i think the amp part is under the control side )

i see 2 hinge for keyboard rotate

there is a technics, a procedure for rotate the keyboard ? hiden screws?
also i haven't find the schematic on the web

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Re: NVOD

Post by fuzzjunkie » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:06 pm

I've only rotated the keyboard on my Roland D-50 once to vacuum the dust bunnies, but I have no idea on what you have. I've seen the insides of a Fender Rhodes that friend was fixing up, but he had already pulled it apart, so I don't know the trick to that either.

There used to be a couple members here that fixed old keyboards and organs. Maybe one will show and help you out. Or you could search some of the older posts (like 2009-11) as some had a lot of close up pictures. In the meantime, good luck with the restoration!

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NVOD

Post by ludobag1 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:44 am

thanks ,i have find 2 little hidden screws under
then i have done the caps job