Page 97 of 97

Re: The Synth Thread...

Posted: Wed May 20, 2020 11:57 pm
by mackerelmint
The Korg MonoPoly.

Re: The Synth Thread...

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:53 am
by Shadoweclipse13
Oh, ok. I thought it was something else, that maybe I'd known. I've never heard of the original MonoPoly.

Re: The Synth Thread...

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 am
by StevenO
redchapterjubilee wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 5:00 am
tade wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:20 am
StevenO wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:39 am
A music store I sometimes frequent is blowing out the Behringer MS-20 modules for half price.
Where are they blowing them out?
I would be interested in this info as well.
Moog Audio in Toronto.
Telliot wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:41 pm
Behringer MonoPoly pt. 2
This is going to be INCREDIBLY tempting... Not sure how I could justify NOT buying it.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Re: The Synth Thread...

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:36 am
by Singlebladepickup
StevenO wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 am
This is going to be INCREDIBLY tempting... Not sure how I could justify NOT buying it.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
What if they're working on a PolySix next? Would MonoPoly still be better than using a PolySix as a monosynth?

Re: The Synth Thread...

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:35 am
by Zork
What do you all think of the Modal Argon 8?
https://youtu.be/tMuqVtOwwnI
https://youtu.be/6vyxyt_qiTQ

Re: The Synth Thread...

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:40 am
by Telliot
Singlebladepickup wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:36 am
StevenO wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 am
This is going to be INCREDIBLY tempting... Not sure how I could justify NOT buying it.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
What if they're working on a PolySix next? Would MonoPoly still be better than using a PolySix as a monosynth?
I’ve always preferred the MonoPoly over the PolySix. To my ears it’s just a more interesting synth.

Re: The Synth Thread...

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:21 pm
by StevenO
Telliot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:40 am
Singlebladepickup wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:36 am
StevenO wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 am
This is going to be INCREDIBLY tempting... Not sure how I could justify NOT buying it.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
What if they're working on a PolySix next? Would MonoPoly still be better than using a PolySix as a monosynth?
I’ve always preferred the MonoPoly over the PolySix. To my ears it’s just a more interesting synth.
I agree, too. I also have two Juno 106s, so I don't really need "that" thing.

Re: The Synth Thread...

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:33 pm
by Singlebladepickup
StevenO wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:21 pm
Telliot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:40 am
I’ve always preferred the MonoPoly over the PolySix. To my ears it’s just a more interesting synth.
I agree, too. I also have two Juno 106s, so I don't really need "that" thing.
Well now I am GAS'y.

Re: The Synth Thread...

Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 6:32 am
by tade
Telliot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:40 am
Singlebladepickup wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:36 am
StevenO wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 am
This is going to be INCREDIBLY tempting... Not sure how I could justify NOT buying it.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
What if they're working on a PolySix next? Would MonoPoly still be better than using a PolySix as a monosynth?
I’ve always preferred the MonoPoly over the PolySix. To my ears it’s just a more interesting synth.
Same here, I had both lying around in the studio and the MonoPoly got so much more use.