The Synth Thread...

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
redchapterjubilee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by redchapterjubilee » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:30 am

The Pro 800 has finally started to ship in the States. I received mine last week. I spent a bit of time this weekend with it. It's, well, I think nearly every review you will see will include the "for the price" caveat. It's amazing that it sounds the way it sounds and has that form factor for $399. But Behringer rush-shipped it and it's super buggy. It's already on its third firmware update in six weeks. Mine arrived with hanging notes over MIDI. Just plugging in a MIDI keyboard into the MIDI in caused it to freeze up. Updating the firmware made it functional though. It has that dual oscillator American polysynth bandwidth hogging sound. Pads are thick and gooey with the filter low, and it has that high end sizzle Prophets were known for. The envelopes are slow (so was the original) but that doesn't to me so much since I wanted it mainly for pads. I do wish they had a longer release though. Also wish the LFO was slower on its lowest setting. Once the firmware stabilizes all the issues it will be a true winner.

redchapterjubilee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by redchapterjubilee » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:32 am

The Pro 800 has finally started to ship in the States. I received mine last week. I spent a bit of time this weekend with it. It's, well, I think nearly every review you will see will include the "for the price" caveat. It's amazing that it sounds the way it sounds and has that form factor for $399. But Behringer rush-shipped it and it's super buggy. It's already on its third firmware update in six weeks. Mine arrived with hanging notes over MIDI. Just plugging in a MIDI keyboard into the MIDI in caused it to freeze up. Updating the firmware made it functional though. It has that dual oscillator American polysynth bandwidth hogging sound. Pads are thick and gooey with the filter low, and it has that high end sizzle Prophets were known for. The envelopes are slow (so was the original) but that doesn't matter to me so much since I wanted it mainly for pads. That the attack has been addressed in the firmware updates, just gotta figure out how to access the setting (there's a LOT of menu diving necessary). I do wish they had a longer release though. Also wish the LFO was slower on its lowest setting. Once the firmware stabilizes all the issues it will be a true winner.