Re: Need PA help!!!

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
JazzBlaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Need PA help!!!

Post by JazzBlaster » Wed May 20, 2009 3:27 pm

I got a PA head today, our keyboard amp that we've been using is on it's last leg. So I was wondering if it would be bad to just used the mixer into the keyboard amp for now. I know on guitar amps you never want to run them without a load so I'm not sure about this.

Thanks

David
It's not about the gear! It's about you, your hands, your imagination, your feelings.

kalipigeon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kalipigeon » Wed May 20, 2009 9:40 pm

Most keyboard amps have a power amp in for plugging powered keyboards into, which would be ideal to use.  If it doesn't have that, just turn the mixer down very low and use the keyboard amp as your power amp.  As long as you  run it like you would run a guitar amp with a "gain/volume" setup that you're trying to get a clean tone out of, you should be fine for limited use.  Just check it periodically for overheating by feeling the chassis of the powered mixer.
What if fat bottomed girls really do make the rockin' world go round?

JazzBlaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JazzBlaster » Wed May 20, 2009 9:43 pm

kalipigeon wrote: Most keyboard amps have a power amp in for plugging powered keyboards into, which would be ideal to use. 
Yes, it does. that was kind of my plan.
It's not about the gear! It's about you, your hands, your imagination, your feelings.