Re: New from Korg!

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
igloo
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by igloo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:56 am

No MIDI jack out makes them total letdowns!

Pingu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pingu » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:05 pm

igloo wrote: No MIDI jack out makes them total letdowns!
Why is that? They're obviously aimed at laptop musicians.
"Anything that doesn't take years of your life and drive you to suicide hardly seems worth doing." - Cormac McCarthy

IFoughtTheLaw
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by IFoughtTheLaw » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:39 pm

I'm really contemplating on getting the nanoKONTROL. I have money for it, but I saw on youtube some people saying that the buttons stick, and if you change a parameter on your screen/change a scene/etc. with your mouse, it doesn't register it on the controller and you have to re-assign the button.

The thing is, I need knobs. My keyboard I use for midi is just a big casio WK-1630 keyboard with speakers that happens to have midi in/out. The only real knob on it is the pitch bend wheel, but it isn't of much use to controlling Ableton.

All I need is a box with knobs on it, lol.

Pingu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pingu » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:51 pm

IFoughtTheLaw wrote: I'm really contemplating on getting the nanoKONTROL. I have money for it, but I saw on youtube some people saying that the buttons stick, and if you change a parameter on your screen/change a scene/etc. with your mouse, it doesn't register it on the controller and you have to re-assign the button.

The thing is, I need knobs. My keyboard I use for midi is just a big casio WK-1630 keyboard with speakers that happens to have midi in/out. The only real knob on it is the pitch bend wheel, but it isn't of much use to controlling Ableton.

All I need is a box with knobs on it, lol.
The Behringer BCR 2000 is about double the price, but also has a lot more knobs, and no syncing issues that I know of.

I'm holding out for the soon to be released Akai APC 40, designed specifically to control Ableton. It's something like 450€ though.
"Anything that doesn't take years of your life and drive you to suicide hardly seems worth doing." - Cormac McCarthy

igloo
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by igloo » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:27 pm

Pingu wrote:
igloo wrote: No MIDI jack out makes them total letdowns!
Why is that? They're obviously aimed at laptop musicians.
I, for one, am an ms2000 musician, and its keys are barely unplayable.
Having a nanokey would increase its usability as well as keep its mobility intact.

Mobility and lightweightness comes first in this field band I play in.
I'd rather click the ms2000's clicklets than hook up a microkontrol or anything that size.
:P