Re: Drum Machines......

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
flatfiver
Expat
Expat

Post by flatfiver » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:24 am

Gustav wrote:
corona wrote: I been messin with Hydrogen and ist god damn cool,only i keep getting (Not Responding) on the top of the screen.Is hydrogen for PC or not cause it seems to fuck up every time i use it.
It's made for Linux but they have versions for OSX and Windows as well, but I think those are betas (or not even that, just development snapshots).
It's working alright on my PC.
Zen & the Art of Jazzmaster Maintenance

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:44 am

For Windows I don't think you can beat HammerHead Rhythm Station.  But you should keep this in mind:
HammerHead is a simple TR-909-like drum computer program aiming at the dance-scene. You can use it to create perfect Techno loops, Jungle patterns or House beats, but it's also suitable for Hip Hop, Triphop, Rap, Industrial and almost any other music you can think of.

HammerHead is not a Bossa Nova tool. This means that you won't find any Tom-Toms, Shakers, Cowbells, Congas or Bongos in this box. What you will find is cool 909 stuff, bad overdriven bass drums, lots of snare drums, claps, and complete breakbeats to spice up the lot. Buckets-o-fun for making Jungle.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

Orang Goreng
Mods
Mods

Post by Orang Goreng » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:48 am

I recorded most of my stuff with Hammerhead. I changed to LeafDrums though, that program can do a lot more and is a lot easier to use, IMHO. I do use the same sounds I used in HH though, they're pretty good for a freeware program.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man's a freak.

luau
Admin
Admin

Post by luau » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:27 pm

Naturality wrote: Hey luau, how do you choose a beat inbetween the two lines? I can't do it but they're there on the demo tracks
In the pattern editor, choose a higher resolution from the 'resolution' drop down box. Drop your notes wherever you want them and then change the resolution back to what it was. You can also turn the resolution to 'off'.
Bigger in sum than parts.

Naturality
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Naturality » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:31 pm

Thanks!