NUkuleleDay of happiness

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
raphaël
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NUkuleleDay of happiness

Post by raphaël » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:48 am

I will give ukulele lessons in a musical school next year (september)...
Anyway, I said yes, of course, even if I never owned and / or played a ukulele in my whole life.

Anyway again, I had to buy one!!!
8)
And oh my god, "they" are like us !! the ukulele players !! GASing and nerdiness and gearheads and stupid high prices for stupidly little instruments !!!
What a relief afterall, I kind of know where I am ;D .

The thing that was the mostdisturbing to me was the huge amount of poor made and cheap ukuleles, very little offer in the $300 / $1000 range, and then the freakin huge possibilities IF you are with a good and healthy wallet...vintage ukuleles are like 60's Stratocasters ( in proportion to the size of course ).
I had hard times to find something cool in the 300/1000 range.
And wednesday I had my first ukulele ever in the mail.
It's a Big Island Mango Tenor, solid wood, beautiful and I got it used with a great deal on it

Not hawaiian made but very well made. Big Island, from what I gathered and understood, owns a big part of the wood production over there. They keep all the best pieces (so they say) and send them to a vietnamese factory where they are handmade (so they say).

My ukulele as even a mic...plugged into my pedalboard and the Princeton, this is just so much fun and so much joy.

Yes that's it, playing a ukulele is so much fun and so much joy.
I had it for 3 days now and I can't put it down. It's refreshing, it's new and this is something else.
I already found my way to play Voodoo child and Hey Joe on it and it's frankly super great!!!

I now have 3 months to really understand what I do before having students... :D :D