Page 4 of 4

Re: List all your keyboards and synths!

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:22 am
by Maggieo
StevenO wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:07 am
Maggieo wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:11 am
Maggieo wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:49 pm
Casio MT-68
Casiotone VL-1
Teenage Engineering OP-1 and PO-12
Moog Little Phatty Tribute Edition
Korg Monotron DUO

iPad apps-
Moog Filtertron
Moog Minimoog
Moog Animoog
Drumbox (vintage drum machines)
Korg iMS-20
UPDATE!

Korg Volca Keys
Korg Microkorg
Mood Grandmother
Berhinger Model D
Arturia Keystep
T/E Po-28 Robot

It was definitely a synth Xmas. Blame it on this documentary: Synth Britannia. (This is the full doc- 90 minutes or so.)
You owe it to yourself to buy the mellotron app for iPad and plug your Keystep into it (with a camera connector kit, if you don't already have it). Really wonderful app and sounds quite like the real deal.
Will do!!! Thanks, Steven!

Re: List all your keyboards and synths!

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:27 am
by StevenO
The Mellowsound App, to be precise. I think there's a couple and I liked that the best.

Re: List all your keyboards and synths!

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:43 pm
by prospect
I've cycled through more synths than I count. Currently "trying" to be a minilalist but we know that's impossible.

Hardware
Moog Sub Phatty
DSI Prophet Rev2

Eurorack
3x Synthrotek DSM modules
Winter Modular Eloquencer
Erica Synths Polivoks VCF1
Erica Synths Polivoks VCF2
2x Erica Synths Pico Drums
Futuretro Transient Plus
Zvex LoFi Junky Modular
Retro Mechanical Labs Electron Fuzz
2x Mutable Instruments Peaks (most useful thing ever)
Pittsbugh Modular LFO2
2x 2hp Pluck
Pittsburgh Modular Mix/attenuator
2hp Mix
Behringer Model D
Moog DFAM
* here is my modulargrid link
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/785264

Software:
RolandCloud Juno 106 (sounds so good that I sold my original Juno 106)
Omnisphere 2.5
* Arturia CS80 (I listed it here because it sounds great but I don't know how to use it)

I have a lot of software synths - Arturia V collection, Native Instruments everything, and a bunch others. However, the ones I really use are the two listed above. I've had the Prophet 6, the Moog Model D reissue, Subsequent 37, Juno 106, and various Korg and Roland synths. I ended up with my list above because of overall cost, and space. The Sub Phatty is such an underrated little monster. The DSI Rev 2 can cover a lot of ground. And both work perfectly as fully mapped controllers to Omnisphere. I don't feel like I'm missing anything despite having had the "best" before.

Re: List all your keyboards and synths!

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:18 am
by panoramic
EDIT
I bought an akai timbre wolf the other night, waiting anxiously for it to arrive. Scored it for cheap on ebay

Re: List all your keyboards and synths!

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:50 pm
by chrisrnps
Have culled a lot recently...

Have now:

Roland RD-2000
Roland System-8
Arturia Matrixbrute
Moog Little Phatty Stage II
Mini Korg USB / Bluetooth controller for airplane trips

Got rid of:

Casio PX5S
String machine
Other string machine
Juno 106
Akai AX60
Matrix 6
Matrix 1000
Alesis Micron
ASR-10
Sq-1 Plus
CS2x
Roland SH-09
Fender Rhodes Suitcase 73
Fatar controller
Akai rack samplers
probably a few I’m forgetting....

Irrationally want to buy:

Faux Mellotron (M4000D or Memotron)
Moog Subsequent 37 CV

Re: List all your keyboards and synths!

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:53 pm
by chrisrnps
chrisrnps wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:50 pm
Irrationally want to buy:

Faux Mellotron (M4000D or Memotron)
Moog Subsequent 37 CV
.....aaaaand irrationally bought a Manikin Memotron M2k with every library they make. :fp: / :w00t:

Re: List all your keyboards and synths!

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:26 pm
by Zork
chrisrnps wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:53 pm
chrisrnps wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:50 pm
Irrationally want to buy:

Faux Mellotron (M4000D or Memotron)
Moog Subsequent 37 CV
.....aaaaand irrationally bought a Manikin Memotron M2k with every library they make. :fp: / :w00t:
That was a very good choice. Well done! :)

Re: List all your keyboards and synths!

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:53 pm
by noisetape
Roland JP8000
Yamaha DX7s
Casiotone 403
Casiotone MT-45
Alesis NanoBass (Bass Synth Module)
Casio DG20 midi guitar (does it qualified?)

Roland JX8P (sold it off long time ago)

Re: List all your keyboards and synths!

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:14 am
by sookwinder
I just bought a Korg Minilogue XD.
For my musical tastes 95% of the sounds are crap, but the remaining 5%, plus the engines/patches that others have created, are wild.

Already used in in a session and the moody pad I created works so well with my 76 Wurlitzer fills.

Re: List all your keyboards and synths!

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:34 am
by StevenO
sookwinder wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:14 am
I just bought a Korg Minilogue XD.
For my musical tastes 95% of the sounds are crap, but the remaining 5%, plus the engines/patches that others have created, are wild.

Already used in in a session and the moody pad I created works so well with my 76 Wurlitzer fills.
Very cool. I don't own one, but you're right. The stock patches are fairly uninspiring, but they're capable of some nice sounds for sure.

Now you just need a Minimoog, a Prophet 5, and a Jupiter 8. :whistle:

Re: List all your keyboards and synths!

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:38 am
by HH1978
It will be quickly done, I only have one, besides my old pre WWII upright piano :

1975(?) Rhodes MKI Stage 88

Serial tells 1975, but features look more 1978ish, so I'm not sure.

Re: List all your keyboards and synths!

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:42 am
by SummerLeftMe
DSI Prophet 08
Korg Minilogue XD
Korg Monologue
Arturia MicroBrute
Arturiua Microfreak

I just got the Microfreak so Im still experimenting with it. I love the mod matrix.

I hardly use the Monologue. I think the Microbrute is more intuitive and just easier to get good sounds from.

I love the Minilogue XD's user oscillator and user FX capabilities. They really open up sounds you could never make with just analog.

And The Prophet 08, despite being the most expensive and with the most voices. . . I hardly ever use. I've had it for years but I can't get into this one. Seems to take longer to find useable sounds. And they just sound. .off to me. I've been wanting to sell it but have been to lazy.