The Synth Thread...

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
Post Reply
User avatar
mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 8316
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: トイレ国、ウンチ市

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by mackerelmint » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:22 am

Everything about Nancy Whang in that picture is wrong.

Image
What the fuck is an England Dan?

User avatar
StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 16878
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:06 pm

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by StevenO » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:41 am

How so?

User avatar
mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 8316
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: トイレ国、ウンチ市

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by mackerelmint » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:22 pm

Man, the highwater overalls that her bra is hanging totally out of, the way her foot is pointed, the whole pose she's in, the expression on her face even. It just is wrongness.
What the fuck is an England Dan?

User avatar
OffYourFace
Mods
Mods
Posts: 12151
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by OffYourFace » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:34 pm

bought myself a '74 miniKorg today.... from Belgium of all places. The price was too good. I'll have to rewire it for 120v but that's eazy peezy.
It'll be pretty cool having this one as all the ones in the US say Univox on them. This one just says minKorg-700.

I've wanted one for a long time because of the Cure and Johnny Jewel. And hey, let's all admit that it sounds pretty damn great on the first two Cars albums. I'm excited!


https://reverb.com/item/6623093-korg-700-1974
synth tech at www.rosensound.com

User avatar
StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 16878
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:06 pm

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by StevenO » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:23 am

Damn, that looks great!

User avatar
Kinx
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:27 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by Kinx » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:03 am

Both Crumar T1s that we use for bass on our record broke down just before sessions for our new album and only decent thing I got my hands on last minute was my buddy's LE Minimoog Voyager
Image

I had very hard time returning it back to him :D I was really, really suprised how good this thing sounds.
Check out my band, The Atavists ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG-HZtrljMg

User avatar
mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 8316
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: トイレ国、ウンチ市

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by mackerelmint » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Samples from Mars is having a bonzo sale on their "everything" bundle. Lots of really cool stuff, and it really does sound better to my ears than the samples I have of various drum machines, for example. I have other things to buy right now, but if I didn't, I'd definitely be shelling out for it.
What the fuck is an England Dan?

User avatar
Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 6521
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:48 am
Location: Burbs of Washington DC

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by Jaguar018 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:42 am

I pre-ordered that Behringer Model D Moog copy thing. I saw a release date of 12/22... so we'll see if it ever arrives.

User avatar
OffYourFace
Mods
Mods
Posts: 12151
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by OffYourFace » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Jaguar018 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:42 am
I pre-ordered that Behringer Model D Moog copy thing. I saw a release date of 12/22... so we'll see if it ever arrives.
8) 8) It's pretty great. At least the pre-prod one we have is.
synth tech at www.rosensound.com

User avatar
mgeek
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by mgeek » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:28 pm

OffYourFace wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:51 pm
Jaguar018 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:42 am
I pre-ordered that Behringer Model D Moog copy thing. I saw a release date of 12/22... so we'll see if it ever arrives.
8) 8) It's pretty great. At least the pre-prod one we have is.
Wow, just checked this out, totally getting one of those! Unbelievable price.

User avatar
Haddock
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2597
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 11:07 am
Location: Toulouse, France

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by Haddock » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:59 am

OffYourFace wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:34 pm
bought myself a '74 miniKorg today.... from Belgium of all places. The price was too good. I'll have to rewire it for 120v but that's eazy peezy.
It'll be pretty cool having this one as all the ones in the US say Univox on them. This one just says minKorg-700.

I've wanted one for a long time because of the Cure and Johnny Jewel. And hey, let's all admit that it sounds pretty damn great on the first two Cars albums. I'm excited!


https://reverb.com/item/6623093-korg-700-1974
MiniKorg ? I didn't know that one ...
Well if that demo is a faithful representation, it does sound great, good find !
“Man does not cease to play because he grows old; man grows old because he ceases to play.” -- George Bernard Shaw

User avatar
OffYourFace
Mods
Mods
Posts: 12151
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by OffYourFace » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Haddock wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:59 am
OffYourFace wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:34 pm
bought myself a '74 miniKorg today.... from Belgium of all places. The price was too good. I'll have to rewire it for 120v but that's eazy peezy.
It'll be pretty cool having this one as all the ones in the US say Univox on them. This one just says minKorg-700.

I've wanted one for a long time because of the Cure and Johnny Jewel. And hey, let's all admit that it sounds pretty damn great on the first two Cars albums. I'm excited!


https://reverb.com/item/6623093-korg-700-1974
MiniKorg ? I didn't know that one ...
Well if that demo is a faithful representation, it does sound great, good find !
it's a classic! playing/hearing it for the first time put a huge smile on my face! i still need to do a complete restoration and I would be done by now if it wasn't for the intense flu that I caught :squint:
synth tech at www.rosensound.com

User avatar
StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 16878
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:06 pm

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by StevenO » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:53 pm

Wow, those minikorgs sound great!


As for me... My Juno is on the fritz. I was playing it and then all of a sudden, I noticed it was sounding distorted and incoherent, almost like it was being played through an overdrive pedal. Chords sound messy like they are overloading. Not fun.

Anyone know what that could be?

User avatar
eggwheat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 4586
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:30 am

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by eggwheat » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:28 pm

Op-amp in the output section? Does it do it when you turn the chorus off?

User avatar
StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 16878
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:06 pm

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by StevenO » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:35 pm

Yeah, does it regardless of whether the chorus is on or off. I've read about people experiencing crackling or distortion when engaging the chorus at times due to biasing, but that doesn't seem to be the issue here I don't think.

Might just have to drop it off at the synth tech. :unsure:

Post Reply