by Design...

Get that song on tape! Errr... disk?
idiotbear

by Design...

Post by idiotbear » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:16 am

hey

some of you guys have heard this stuff already, 'cos I posted about it on the fdp, but for those that haven't:

http://www.myspace.com/thekoaladesign

Three songs, all recorded on my lame Cubasis setup in my attic. Can't exactly record my amp at its singing volume, owing to having neighbours and living in a semi (that's a duplex to our US buddies):

- Hold Up Your Head (shoddy drum program, sloppy playing, bad recording, but I like it)
- Still Moving (actually sounds pretty nice)
- My Brightest Star (kinda more electronic than I usually do, but I have a soft spot for that tune)

Enjoy. Please post insults etc. here.

;)

pullover
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: by Design...

Post by pullover » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:31 am

The recordings sound great, especially since you did it all yourself.  I think it would sound a lot better with a full band recording and working on the songs. I like the bass tone in Hold Up Your Head.
Why should we buy postage stamps? We can make our own.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:01 pm

Nice stuff, Rob!!

I like the groove you get on "My Brightest Star" and it's got the strongest vocals, too.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

idiotbear

Post by idiotbear » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:12 pm

Cheers! I wish I could've mixed them all a bit louder, but for some reason they kept peaking and distorting. I'm sure if I knew shit about recording I could get around that, but I don't.

The bass tone was achieved by running my friend's Tanglewood Music Man copy through my guitar amp, then tweaking the EQ in Cubasis and adding just a smidge of chorus. I need to get myself a Bass Pod or something.

Maggie, glad you liked Brightest Star. My favourite bit is the part when it all breaks up and the fuzz bass comes in. The broken-up drums there are run through one of Cubasis's onboard filters. I forget which one.

:-)