Anyone familiar with Amplitube.....

Get that song on tape! Errr... disk?
PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Anyone familiar with Amplitube.....

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:28 am

Its a program that simulates guitar amps, pedals, racks etc.... From what I've seen it looks kinda cool so I've downloaded a ripped copy. Thats as far as I've got with it.
Seeing as I don't have all the real gear & want to start writing tunes ASAP I was wondering if there's any opinion on it out there in the offsetguitars cosmos!!

My computer won't run GarageBand smoothly enough to use that!! Real shame!!

For those interested in checking it out..... http://www.amplitube.com/Main.html?prod_AT
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

lalalandstudios
Expat
Expat

Re: Anyone familiar with Amplitube.....

Post by lalalandstudios » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:38 am

I use Amplitube 2 and have to admit I really like it and find myself using amps to record less and less. The amp mods are very convincing (vox AC30 is a standout for me) - both solo'd and in the mix with other instruments. I use it on a Mac with PT 7.3 and Logic 7, I haven't used it within GB but know it works. My ONLY complaint is that its a CPU hog, it makes my G5 2G dual work pretty hard running 3-4 instances and most of my recordings have a lot of layered guitars - forcing me to print effects and move on. Its a bit better (but not much) on my Macbook Pro Duo 2.16 now that the UB version is out.  I would recommend you buy a copy of A 2 if you want to get the best sound - the first version was good, but A 2 really is a fully realized plugin.
I'm a reasonable man get off my case...

flatfiver
Expat
Expat

Re: Anyone familiar with Amplitube.....

Post by flatfiver » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:57 pm

I've used Amplitube 2 a bit and I really like it.  I haven't done a side-by-side comparison with any of the other amp sims out there (Guitar Rig, Amp Farm, etc.) but I think it's quite amazing.  I like the flexibility of mixing and matching different preamps, eq stacks, power amps, speaker cabs, mics, etc.  My only problem with it is that my wimpy pc can only run one instance of it without completely locking up.

I've got some stuff I recorded with it linked here: index.php?topic=564.0.  You'll want to read the details because I bypassed it for some of the lead tones.
Zen & the Art of Jazzmaster Maintenance