School me on Audio Interfaces

Get that song on tape! Errr... disk?
Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: School me on Audio Interfaces

Post by Larry Mal » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:26 am

Congratulations on the baby! Boy or girl?
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:01 am

Larry Mal wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:26 am
Congratulations on the baby! Boy or girl?
Thank you, Larry. Girl. She's 6 months now. We named her Charlotte. Mostly for The Cure's song "Charlotte Sometimes". During her pregnancy we also found out her 3rd or 4th great grandmother on my side was also a Charlotte..so neat

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:36 am

That's wonderful... I always wanted a daughter, looks like I'll be holding with the two boys I have although depending on finances I would not be against adopting in the future.

The minute you have a kid, your whole life changes and you will never go back to being the person you were before. I can't even remember what it was like before I had kids and I know I wasn't as happy, having kids gives me a direction and cause in life and a reason to be alive. I can't imagine a day without my Goofs and I miss them when I'm not with them and then when I am with them they drive me fucking nuts.

Watching children blossom with learning and knowledge is just stunning to see. We're all so smart and we take that for granted, but watching intelligence develop is just amazing.

I'm rambling... congratulations, brother.

Back on the subject, I also got a Clarett 4 Pre but what I ended up doing was buying an ISA One preamp to run into it as well. I'll possibly get a few more preamps that I can send into that, the conversion is pretty good, so I might look into something colored like a Black Lion Auteur in time, and some of the other fun pres out there- stuff like this, maybe:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... cGEALw_wcB

I'll be on hold for a long time, though... we need us a house, we're a growing family over here and need to get more settled.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:56 pm

Larry Mal wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:36 am
That's wonderful... I always wanted a daughter, looks like I'll be holding with the two boys I have although depending on finances I would not be against adopting in the future.

The minute you have a kid, your whole life changes and you will never go back to being the person you were before. I can't even remember what it was like before I had kids and I know I wasn't as happy, having kids gives me a direction and cause in life and a reason to be alive. I can't imagine a day without my Goofs and I miss them when I'm not with them and then when I am with them they drive me fucking nuts.

Watching children blossom with learning and knowledge is just stunning to see. We're all so smart and we take that for granted, but watching intelligence develop is just amazing.

I'm rambling... congratulations, brother.

Back on the subject, I also got a Clarett 4 Pre but what I ended up doing was buying an ISA One preamp to run into it as well. I'll possibly get a few more preamps that I can send into that, the conversion is pretty good, so I might look into something colored like a Black Lion Auteur in time, and some of the other fun pres out there- stuff like this, maybe:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... cGEALw_wcB

I'll be on hold for a long time, though... we need us a house, we're a growing family over here and need to get more settled.

That's understandable man. Nothing like a home. But as you say, the home is nothing without the key pieces in place.

How do you like the clarett so far?