Get that song on tape! Errr... disk?
burpgun
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Logic Pro 10.4 is out.

Post by burpgun » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:08 pm

Larry Mal wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:10 pm
Maybe Live 10 will have a lighter footprint, who knows.

But, let me ask you, if you just set up a Logic project and start working, does that seem to work OK? Is it only when you try to work with templates that you see this problem?

Because if so, that's sounding very much like the problem is with the templates possibly being corrupted or something in Logic's preferences being corrupted. I had mentioned trashing the .plists pertaining to Logic.

Try this, especially step #7 and #8.
I'll definitely give it a whirl. I was adapting an old template, so you're right, maybe something screwy entered into the mix. This isn't a Logic thing, but my god is it hard to migrate plug ins from an old machine to a new one. I know the plug guys need copy protection, but christ, the way it is now is just punishment for paid users. Say what you want about the app story, but managing Logic ownership is a breeze.

I thought the issue with Live was how its engines handle multi-core processors. I understood that in dual processor machines one chip handled the audio engine and one handed graphics duty, which meant that overall you weren't able to take full advantage of all the processing power available. I'm on my first four-core machine, and haven't found anything that address how Live operates there. But I can see that based on the CPU monitor, it doesn't look like I'm getting that much more headroom on the iMac compared to my old late model Mini. I'm hoping that if I can reintegrate Logic back in my life I'll be able to get more out my new set up.

burpgun
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by burpgun » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:45 am

So just a little follow up here. Trying to rebuild a Logic template kept leading to trouble and beach balls when setting up external MIDI related tracks. After force quits of Logic it would hang on the screeen saying loading AUs or something. So I trashed the app and all preferences, and downloaded it again from Apple.

So far it’s gone better and I’m getting a basic set up back together. A bit of a struggle to bring my brain back around to Logic’s way of doing things after Live. My main issue now is trying to understand why my Arturia Drumbrute will take enough of a MIDI signal to play its sounds, but I can’t get it to play in synch with Logic. Then again, both the Drumbrute and the Minibrute seem to have all kinds of synch issues with everything in the time I’ve owned them.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:35 am

Good to hear it's helped a bit, anyway.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:36 pm

You know, it seems like the modest hackintosh has come far enough that one can reliably have their cake and eat it too, while saying "fuck apple".
This is an excellent rectangle

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:43 pm

I'll let you know how I feel about that if and when the supposedly "modular" Mac Pro comes out.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Dok
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Dok » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:07 am

I was really stoked about the new string articulations and instruments but the string instruments themselves are pretty disappointing. The articulations themselves are great for using with other string libraries, though! I was really hoping I might be able to get rid of my EastWest Composer Cloud subscription but I'll still have it for the foreseeable future. No biggie, though, Logic is still the best value out there for any DAW and it will take a lot to change that.
Local milk person

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:33 am

I feel like I kind of wish that Logic would streamline itself as far as samples go, really. I don't need 30 GB of Apple Loops and all that.

Although, Logic does have a good amount of Foley, and the loops could be very helpful for a lot of video scoring applications and such.

aliendawg
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by aliendawg » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:49 pm

I LOVE Logic Pro and should get the new version as soon as ai put my hands on a newer macbook
"With the resurgence of offsets it seems like we're also seeing a resurgence of people who don't know what to do with them" - 601210