Tascam fw 1884 in 2017

Get that song on tape! Errr... disk?
Kristerkk
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Tascam fw 1884 in 2017

Post by Kristerkk » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:02 am

Theres a lot of Tascam fw1884 for sale in my area for a very decent price.
As a beginner I dont have any daw controllers or a interface with more than 2 inputs and Im seriously considering buying one for the daw controller, inputs are just a plus.
Now, these are now a little old and Ive seen some issues with them. Is there anything I should know before buying it used? are there any better alternatives?
I work mainly on a windows desktop but i travel alot with a macbook and would like it to work with that aswell, so if theres any issues with mac I would like to know.

Setup is now a simple Audient ID22 interface and a pair of JBL LSR305 monitors with cubase 8.5

Also, please add pics of your own one for shits and giggles.
Many Thanks!

Addy Bart
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Tascam fw 1884 in 2017

Post by Addy Bart » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Kristerkk wrote:Theres a lot of Tascam fw1884 for sale in my area for a very decent price.
As a beginner I dont have any daw controllers or a interface with more than 2 inputs and Im seriously considering buying one for the daw controller, inputs are just a plus.
Now, these are now a little old and Ive seen some issues with them. Is there anything I should know before buying it used? are there any better alternatives?
I work mainly on a windows desktop but i travel alot with a macbook and would like it to work with that aswell, so if theres any issues with mac I would like to know.

Setup is now a simple Audient ID22 interface and a pair of JBL LSR305 monitors with cubase 8.5

Many Thanks!
I used to have the lesser version, the FW1082. The motorized faders were by far the best thing about it. It's fun to be able to do a hands on mix (once you've grouped your tracks accordingly).

Downsides for me were not many outputs on the FW1082 making it hard to pair with outboard gear when mixing. But it served me well so if the price is right, grab one.

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Tascam fw 1884 in 2017

Post by Embenny » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:18 am

Addy Bart wrote:
Kristerkk wrote:Theres a lot of Tascam fw1884 for sale in my area for a very decent price.

Many Thanks!
I used to have the lesser version, the FW1082. The motorized faders were by far the best thing about it. It's fun to be able to do a hands on mix (once you've grouped your tracks accordingly).

Downsides for me were not many outputs on the FW1082 making it hard to pair with outboard gear when mixing. But it served me well so if the price is right, grab one.
I had the FW1082 too! The motorized faders were one of those things that brought me a stupid amount of joy.

I did, however, have repeated firmware/driver/software compatibility issues with my Windows-based setup at the time.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.