So my girlfriend designed my next guitar project...

Got questions or suggestions? Want to show the world your dressing room creations? Post 'em here!
millarman9111993
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

So my girlfriend designed my next guitar project...

Post by millarman9111993 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:55 pm

And this is what she came up with...

I love her... :D

So yeah this is going to be my next project, going to be a bit awkward being a lefty with getting parts and what not, I don't use the trem so I right handed plate will be fine, doesn't matter if the hole is on the wrong side, might do a reverse headstock as well.

I am going to buy some high output humbuckers and stick relic'd chrome covers on. Probably coil split them both, because why the heck not.

I am undecided as to if I should make this a shortscale or not, I've never played one before.

What you guys think?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: So my girlfriend designed my next guitar project...

Post by 46346 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:55 am

well done! I've got a jazzblaster with the cheap reissue WRHBs, all coil tapped and split, etc. pretty much for fun.

people dis those pups cuz they don't sound like the originals, but they've got a warm, round and slightly smokey sound that I've come to appreciate. they don't always cut through well in a rock band, but I'm doing a very chill, spacious ambient jazz-ish thing recently and the jazzblaster played clean sounds fantastic - been getting props from me mates.

not sure how easy it is to get a pickguard for those - mine came loaded from our own forumite - theworkoffire - who really went to town on the split/mix and even a series option on the rhythm circuit, which I actually use quite a bit.

cheers - go forward!
Cat Museum, ACME, Malcolm Mooney, Dream Apes, The Cooling Time, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Quarks

Beau In Space
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Beau In Space » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Your girl is a keeper. She has divine taste!

millarman9111993
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by millarman9111993 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:48 pm

Beau In Space wrote:Your girl is a keeper. She has divine taste!
Why thank you, I like to think that is why she picked me too :D

I think after my other thread in the tech section It might not be the best Idea to go with the normal jag/jm trem system (I play super light strings with an incredibly low action) and having never played a JM before (im a south paw) I wouldn't like to risk that amount of money if I would never be happy with how it plays.

I think it would be much more interesting to go with a tele, bronco or strat bridge. The bronco would probably be the most "offset" looking because of its unusual shape.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.