Future parts Jazzmaster

Got questions or suggestions? Want to show the world your dressing room creations? Post 'em here!

Future parts Jazzmaster

Postby Zombie13 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Hey all, longtime fan of Jazzmasters here, recently, been debating about getting another guitar and I'm on the fence between a Flying V or a Jazzmaster, so I used the Dressing Room (and photoshop) to mock up a potential future parts project.

Image

I don't use neck pickups and since I'm also doing vocals when I play live, I don't have time or a need to mess with tone knobs or switches.

Finding a big headstock maple neck with no inlays will be a struggle though.

Want to stay with stock parts as much as possible, but will be adding in a roller saddle bridge, string trees and maybe a roller nut.

We'll see how this goes.
Morphesia
http://morphesia.bandcamp.com/
User avatar
Zombie13
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:58 am
Top

Re: Future parts Jazzmaster

Postby Beef Bonanza » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:31 pm

I love the simple styling of the guitar. But i won't go without the dot inlays... your bandmates will eventually hate you :)
User avatar
Beef Bonanza
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:11 pm
Top

Re: Future parts Jazzmaster

Postby mbene085 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:51 pm

Beef Bonanza wrote:I love the simple styling of the guitar. But i won't go without the dot inlays... your bandmates will eventually hate you


Not everyone uses the fret markers to keep track of where they are playing. The majority of classical guitars, for example, have none at all, and I go up and down the neck of my classical just as much or more than I do on an electric.

I like it!
User avatar
mbene085
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 5:07 am
Top

Re: Future parts Jazzmaster

Postby Zombie13 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Beef Bonanza wrote:I love the simple styling of the guitar. But i won't go without the dot inlays... your bandmates will eventually hate you


Sucks for them, I like certain inlays, but prefer no inlays.
Image
Morphesia
http://morphesia.bandcamp.com/
User avatar
Zombie13
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:58 am
Top

Re: Future parts Jazzmaster

Postby l9gaj » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:12 am

Zombie13 wrote:Hey all, longtime fan of Jazzmasters here, recently, been debating about getting another guitar and I'm on the fence between a Flying V or a Jazzmaster, so I used the Dressing Room (and photoshop) to mock up a potential future parts project.

Image

I don't use neck pickups and since I'm also doing vocals when I play live, I don't have time or a need to mess with tone knobs or switches.

Finding a big headstock maple neck with no inlays will be a struggle though.

Want to stay with stock parts as much as possible, but will be adding in a roller saddle bridge, string trees and maybe a roller nut.

We'll see how this goes.



Looks good - if you are keen to keep it as simple as possible do you even need the trem?
User avatar
l9gaj
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:13 am
Top

Re: Future parts Jazzmaster

Postby richfolkes » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:08 pm

There is someone you can go to to get a neck custom made, it's at Ali Express https://www.aliexpress.com/store/2291013 Just drop a message stating what you want and they'll do it for you.
User avatar
richfolkes
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:16 am
Top

Re: Future parts Jazzmaster

Postby JazzmanLDG » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:31 am

You could replace black dots with maple. BGP might do a neck without dots.
User avatar
JazzmanLDG
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:52 am
Top

Re: Future parts Jazzmaster

Postby pad » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:17 am

I really understand what you want!
I've built myself a phantomish guitar with nearly the same specs and even without Potis.
Works great and sounds as it should without any extras and that was how i wanted it!

Do it!!!
:?
User avatar
pad
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
 
Posts: 996
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: Kassel, Germany.
Top

Re: Future parts Jazzmaster

Postby SheaKimbrough » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:06 am

I agree. The ascetics give it the normal Jazzmaster look, but it might look cool with a hard tail or even with string through holes and a TOM bridge.

l9gaj wrote:
Zombie13 wrote:Hey all, longtime fan of Jazzmasters here, recently, been debating about getting another guitar and I'm on the fence between a Flying V or a Jazzmaster, so I used the Dressing Room (and photoshop) to mock up a potential future parts project.

Image

I don't use neck pickups and since I'm also doing vocals when I play live, I don't have time or a need to mess with tone knobs or switches.

Finding a big headstock maple neck with no inlays will be a struggle though.

Want to stay with stock parts as much as possible, but will be adding in a roller saddle bridge, string trees and maybe a roller nut.

We'll see how this goes.



Looks good - if you are keen to keep it as simple as possible do you even need the trem?
User avatar
SheaKimbrough
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:45 pm
Top


Return to Dressing Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest