Future parts Jazzmaster

Got questions or suggestions? Want to show the world your dressing room creations? Post 'em here!

Future parts Jazzmaster

Postby Zombie13 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Hey all, longtime fan of Jazzmasters here, recently, been debating about getting another guitar and I'm on the fence between a Flying V or a Jazzmaster, so I used the Dressing Room (and photoshop) to mock up a potential future parts project.

I don't use neck pickups and since I'm also doing vocals when I play live, I don't have time or a need to mess with tone knobs or switches.

Finding a big headstock maple neck with no inlays will be a struggle though.

Want to stay with stock parts as much as possible, but will be adding in a roller saddle bridge, string trees and maybe a roller nut.

We'll see how this goes.
Morphesia
http://morphesia.bandcamp.com/
Zombie13
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Future parts Jazzmaster

Postby Beef Bonanza » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:31 pm

I love the simple styling of the guitar. But i won't go without the dot inlays... your bandmates will eventually hate you :)
Beef Bonanza
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Postby mbene085 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:51 pm

Beef Bonanza wrote:I love the simple styling of the guitar. But i won't go without the dot inlays... your bandmates will eventually hate you

Not everyone uses the fret markers to keep track of where they are playing. The majority of classical guitars, for example, have none at all, and I go up and down the neck of my classical just as much or more than I do on an electric.

I like it!
mbene085
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby Zombie13 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Beef Bonanza wrote:I love the simple styling of the guitar. But i won't go without the dot inlays... your bandmates will eventually hate you

Sucks for them, I like certain inlays, but prefer no inlays.
Morphesia
http://morphesia.bandcamp.com/
Zombie13
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Return to Dressing Room