Hello from NW Ohio

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
tonyv
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello from NW Ohio

Post by tonyv » Tue May 31, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi, everyone

My name is Tony and I'm from Findlay, Ohio. I began playing guitar about 2 years ago. Am not good at it but practice every day. I'm 27 years old.

My guitar setup is not special and I only have 3 guitars right now. My amp is an entry level Fender one - Mustang III. I have 3 effects pedals - Strymon BigSky, Korg SDD-3000, and Wampler Triple Wreck. My three guitars are a Gibson SG Standard (2010), Fender Jaguar '62 AVRI (2008), and Fender American Standard Stratocaster (2014).

I began playing music when I was about 14. My first instrument was piano and I'm classically trained on that. Had a few lessons on guitar but am nowhere near as skilled on that as I am on piano. I have some production background, making electronic and classical music. My main software is Logic but I've used Live before.

I came here to hopefully find a nice place to talk about guitars, setups, tunings, playing, etc. Good to meet you all!

Liquids
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hello from NW Ohio

Post by Liquids » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:26 am

tonyv wrote:Hi, everyone

My name is Tony and I'm from Findlay, Ohio. I began playing guitar about 2 years ago. Am not good at it but practice every day. I'm 27 years old.
Hey Tony!

I love hearing people who take up an instrument and/or the guitar 'later' -- 20s onward. It's especially good to come at guitar with some musical background already.
Most people I've encountered who take up the instrument later than teen years still seem to make great progress in quick time if they focus and are diligent--seems it all happens a lot faster than it does for the average younger player, given the same amount of time.

It sounds like you have a fairly good collection of gear going as well in that short time too!