Hi, New guy here.

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
TRexF16
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hi, New guy here.

Post by TRexF16 » Fri May 27, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Rex and I have a guitar problem...

I've been building guitars for a few years now, and am really hooked on it. I am an amateur in the truest sense of the word, doing it for the love of it, and taking as much time as I need to make every detail as perfect as I can. I've been a member at the TDPRI forum since I got started building, and spend most of my time on the Tele Home Depot page (where most of the building discussion goes on). But I just found this site while doing some research on the Ibanez Talman.

I hope to build a couple Talman tributes, and right now I am in the middle of a one-off custom offset build for a young friend of mine, so I hope to spend some time here and learn and share with others who love building offset guitars.

This is my first post since my registration was approved, so I haven't really even poked around yet. Where do the builders hang out? I see there's a "Guitar Shop" for which I must first have 50 posts to be admitted (yes, I actually read the rules!). Is that "shop" like "going shopping" or "shop" like "workshop?" :)

Anyway, nice to meet you and I look forward to hanging out here.

Cheers,
Rex

grapesoda
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hi, New guy here.

Post by grapesoda » Fri May 27, 2016 6:44 pm

Hey! Welcome to the board.

Most builds go to the Mods and Projects, with some more specific questions in Tech/Setup, whereas the guitar shop is used for selling.

TRexF16
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Hi, New guy here.

Post by TRexF16 » Fri May 27, 2016 7:02 pm

Thanks! Yeah, I just started poking around and found that sub-forum. Thanks again,
Rex