Man it's hot here - hello from Scottsdale, AZ

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Steve Ouimette
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Man it's hot here - hello from Scottsdale, AZ

Post by Steve Ouimette » Thu May 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Isn't the internet great? I've been playing my entire life and have yet to own a Jazzmaster or Jag. I do have and RS Guitarworks Surf King (sort or a Jazzmaster-meets-Tele) but for the most part I've been a Les Paul player for the past 30 years, and more recently Teles. But something about the Jazzmaster has been sidling up to me over the past few years. The curves, the pseudo P-90 pickups, the "what the heck" vibrato and...the sound! So here is offsetguitars.com popping up time and time again as I browse through galleries of these killer guitars. I signed up today!

A little about me. I'm a player, producer and composer...I write for TV, video games and film trailers for the most part. Back in 2007 I started working as a freelance re-recordist for a game called Guitar Hero III, and after that it pretty much took off. When I say re-recordist I mean I recreate a new master recording to sound as close as possible to the original hit. For Guitar Hero I did a bunch including "School's Out" and "Rock U Like A Hurricane" and 7 others on that game along with some new recordings of songs like "The Devil Went Down To Georgia", "Dueling Banjos" and "We Three Kings". Since then I've done another 200 re-records for games from Activsion, Ubisoft and Konami. That has led to me working with some of the actual artists like Alice Cooper, The Knack, and Public Enemy. So basically I have a dream gig and every day I pinch myself knowing this is what I get to do. TV music has been for ESPN, CBS, HBO, Food Network, HGTV and Showtime.

I'm a gear hoarder and avid addict on all things guitar, amp and studio stuff. And more recently I've started building my own partscasters for fun.

From 2009-2012 I wrote for Premier Guitar Magazine as well. Lots of reviews and a column every month online. Great people and a great magazine. That was a LOT of fun. It made me realize how hard it is to review gear these days because everyone is making such great stuff it's hard to find anything wrong with it. Might not be your taste but it's tough to argue with a $300 guitar that actually plays well. Thats not something that happened much when I was a kid!

So, long story short, that's me. I'm here in Scottsdale with my wife, cats, and my gear. And it's nice to be here as well! Hopefully I can contribute something positive here even though I'm a complete beginner when it comes to offset guitars!

Steve

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Man it's hot here - hello from Scottsdale, AZ

Post by Larry Mal » Thu May 19, 2016 3:34 pm

Welcome to the show, Steve! I feel that I can say that this isn't like a lot of other guitar forums.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Steve Ouimette
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Man it's hot here - hello from Scottsdale, AZ

Post by Steve Ouimette » Thu May 19, 2016 4:14 pm

Thank you Larry, I'm enjoying it very much already! And good news on this being unlike a lot of other guitar forums...nice to be in a place where you can hang and have a good time. Can't say that about a few others (no need to name them).