Hi! Thanks for this forum!

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
markham
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Hi! Thanks for this forum!

Post by markham » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:53 pm

I'm new here. My name is Mark Williams, and at the time of this writing, I live in Durham, NC. I've played guitar in some form or another since 1988. Wow, that just sounded a lot longer than I thought it was. Anyways, I've been a touring singer/songwriter since about '97, though I don't go out on the road much these days. I do three things for a living:
  • 1. Produce, engineer, and mix music at my studio in Durham.
  • 2. Perform live.
  • 3. I am also a psychotherapist, believe it or not.
It is the number 3. above that in some ways is most curious, I suppose. Really, I started producing other singer/songwriters in the early '00s, and through that work, I discovered the powerfully therapeutic nature of walking alongside someone as they work out the story of their life. So after several years of that, I decided maybe I should go back to graduate school and study and learn how to be a therapist, as well. It's an interesting combo.

Thank you so much to the folks in this community! I owned a number if different guitars over the years, but I still don't own an offset. Hoping to change that situation very, very soon. Looking forward to the journey...

Soselo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hi! Thanks for this forum!

Post by Soselo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:49 am

Welcome! I used to live in Durham, still have a lot of friends in the area. Miss it a lot.