Impending new Jag owner saying Hi...

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
standiego
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Impending new Jag owner saying Hi...

Post by standiego » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:54 am

Hi...

I've been lurking around on here for a while gathering info on which Jaguar to go for so thought I should do the decent thing and introduce myself.

Stan Diego from "Surf Punk Disco Panzer" (band name is currentlyunder heavy review)

The Band consists of:

Stan Diego - Guitar
Dan Francisco - Guitar, Vocals
Les Vegas - Drums
Lou Orleans - Bass

We are from the county of Norfolk, in or around a town called King's Lynn on the East Coast of England.

The inevitable Myspace link: www.myspace.com/surfpunkdiscopanzer

We've been Surf fans for years....in fact Dan Francisco and I used to do a lot of electronic stuff under the name of Morbius and we covered the Satan's Pilgrims track "Shit Sandwich" on our first album back in 1998 (which we mistakenly marked up as "Pilgrim Stomp" Doh!!) along with a cover of The Cramps "Garbageman" on our second album.

We did the electronic stuff for about 12 or 13 years but we always had a great love for Surf and Rock and Roll Instro's so we formed this band over the last year.

Not many Surf/Instro bands make it over here to the UK. The Pilgrims are top of the list if they ever make it though (next in line would be The Ghastly One's and Deadbolt). In fact we have just added a cover of Deadbolt's "Truck Driving Son of a Bitch" to our setlist.

We're beavering away on our set list, give it a few months and we should start to appear out and about (at extremely exclusive events only of course)

The reason I've been hovering around on these forums recently is that after a long period of deliberation I decided to purchase a Jag. My Les Paul has just been sold and my Telecaster is up for sale as we speak, leaving me with a Gretsch 6119 and an Eastwood Sidejack DLX (Mosrite Clone). I'm now torn between buying a CIJ/MIJ and replacing a few bits and pieces or just going for it and buying an AVRI..whatever I decide I should be buying in the next week or so. I'll keep you guys posted.

Stan D.

8)

the older brother
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Impending new Jag owner saying Hi...

Post by the older brother » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:05 am

cool names  8)

I have a special place in my old rock'n roll heart for stuff like taken artist names. My favs are Ramones, Hellacopters, Rocket from the Crypt and of course WASP  :D
Someone knows where I can find the nearest woodchipper to throw my pieces of junk into?

standiego
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Impending new Jag owner saying Hi...

Post by standiego » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:02 am

the older brother wrote: cool names  8)

I have a special place in my old rock'n roll heart for stuff like taken artist names. My favs are Ramones, Hellacopters, Rocket from the Crypt and of course WASP  :D
....I'd add The Donnas to that list as well  8)