Just call me nancy...

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
sookwinder
Mods
Mods

Re: Just call me nancy...

Post by sookwinder » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:18 pm

welcome to our party :)

[this next bit is for any brits who watched "allo allo" years ago ....

when I read "justanothernancyboy"  I immediately thought of the scene in " 'allo 'allo " when the gay Nazi officer is talking to Rene's twin brother.  He asks him where is he from and the twin says  "I am from Nancy".  The gay Nazi officer then says "Is Rene' from Nancy as well ?"  and the twin (who is really Rene') says  "Oh yes we are both Nancy Boys".

Thank you Benny Hill, Dick Emery, Franky Howard, Syd James...]
relaxing alternative to doing actual work ...

JustAnotherNancyBoy
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by JustAnotherNancyBoy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:35 pm

Actually, JustAnotherNancyBoy notes another simmalirity I share with Brain moko, besides the favoritism of Jag's and LEs Pauls/SG's, Im bisexual aswell.

Just thought I'dnote that, so as not to bring up aqkuard quesitions later.

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:21 pm

I don't know much about this subject, so feel free to shoot me down if I'm just plain wrong, but I would have thought that pine would have been far too soft to make a guitar out of.
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:23 pm

I hear some of the very first Broadcasters were made of pine...very light wood, and indeed, very soft...I think that's why they switched to different woods very quickly.
Resident Spartan.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:30 pm

stereordinary wrote: Oh, I guess I've just never heard of any (solid-body electric) guitars being made out of pine.
This got me interested enough to google around and find that the very first Fenders had pine bodies. According to this thread from TDPRI, the main differences from alder are light weight, bright tone and vulnerability to dents, as you guys have noted. It's not a big favourite, but there are people using pine and liking the result.

JANB; the only awkward questions you're likely to find around here will be directed towards those that indulge in the unnatural act of playing a $tratoca$ter ..  :)
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

JustAnotherNancyBoy
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by JustAnotherNancyBoy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:31 pm

I guess you guys are right. Ohwell, I'll go back to saving my money. Im not much of a guitarist anyways, I sing better.

And no chance of tha twith me. I fucking hate strats. A tele of Mustnag maybe, but never a strat. MY current if an older carvin.

Stereordinary
Expat
Expat

Post by Stereordinary » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:37 pm

Where are you from Nancy?
Rhoney Guitars, 2010-2017, 2024